Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

So often can't send a reply   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Aug-20 by Ellen in TEXAS:-) (elleng4044); 1077 views.

Hope I can explain....I am a sig maker in Sig Party and The Gallery, so I am on a lot, I go to answer a request and I click on the link and in the url is says 'blank', I hit enter, nothing, I wait, nothing, I go back to the start page IF IT WILL LET ME and go back to the folder and the request, click, NOTHING again, just now I went to a request, down to reply , and went to a Totally different place in the group unrelated to what I had clicked on, I thought oh well, do that right Ellen, so started OVER again! and same results, so I was NOT hitting something wrong, I am having a horrible time with things that never gave issues EVER....also WHEN I try to send a reply, no response, click, no response, Copy paste, so I don't lose anything, start over, re-attach the sig, and hit reply, nothing, SOMETIMES, and I mean SOMETIMES, I highlight the url and hit enter and SOMETIMES it works.....I just hope I can send you this 'I need help' message......because I need help:-)

I use Chrome---tried to use BING well, that didn't work! so I am back on Chrome right now

The computer is an HP and  Windows 10, 

THANKS!!!!

Kidmagnet

Aug-20

I have been having those problems on and off for a while. I use Firefox usually. I think cached pages are the problem but I generally have just left - closed browser and shut off the computer and the next day it is fine. Our computer is 12-13 years old and I am in denial that it needs replacing lol

Anyway - When you cannot post close all Delphi tabs on your browser and clear recent history. Close the browser and then reopen it. Go to a new tab and type delphiforums.com into the address bar and log in from there. See if that helps.

ally (JadedAlly)

Aug-21

Hello. :) You gave me this same advice sometime back and it is 100% right on. It works every time. I don't leave though.

I have done that and then the next conversation, I have the same issue, so I can't seem to go to another forum or folder or request in the same folder, in the same forum, without having to do that....btw my computer is only like 18 months old, LOL

sigh*

thanks

Kidmagnet

Aug-21

Does it happen every time? Every day I mean? And how long approx did this begin happening?

Sorry I was super lazy about working on this when it was effecting me but I'm only interested in helping others not myself (again... lazy!)

Kidmagnet

Aug-21

ally (JadedAlly) said:

I don't leave though.

HA!

Honestly this is different than the usually cause which is often coming in on a temp page link - I never do that and I would be happily posting away - wander off to a forum that had reported a problem and try and poke around come back and BAM nothing happens when I try to post. Ellen's description exactly.

THIS:

Honestly this is different than the usually cause which is often coming in on a temp page link - I never do that and I would be happily posting away - wander off to a forum that had reported a problem and try and poke around come back and BAM nothing happens when I try to post. Ellen's description exactly

Said it perfectly!!!!!

So today, if I don't get a notification via email, I don't get on, at the email I click on the title of the  forum and get on then search for the message which can be time consuming:-) BUT, works, confusing too....this just started about 1-2 weeks ago, I figured they were 'working on' Delphi and it would clear up....so far no....SO

I just went and opened Delphi in another tab, and it took me to Sig Party, (I asked it to) and clicked on the poll, and it WENT!!!! I have no clue here....probably because I am already on:-)

THANKS I just can't add too much to what the two of us have told you...if anything  happens I will let you know....this is too challenging!:-)

OH AND just thought and experienced this, sometimes when I click on say Dreamtags in the drop down, it went to an entirely different forum!!!!! Had that happen about 4 X's yesterday and just now....

Kidmagnet

Aug-22

Ellen in TEXAS:-) (elleng4044) said:

OH AND just thought and experienced this, sometimes when I click on say Dreamtags in the drop down, it went to an entirely different forum!!!!! Had that happen about 4 X's yesterday and just now....

From which forum's drop down? I'm fairly sure it is a problem more with how the browser is working than something on Delphi's end.

When I come in through a notification it lands me on the http "version" and because my browser might decide that is not secure and cause me issues, I then navigate to the Delphi home page first and that gives me the more secure https address. After which I click on the My Forums star and go directly to the Messages to Me for each forum on my list.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's an idea, but sure prefer less complicated methods like it was....but so much is out of kilter in this world why not the Web Browser too!!!!

THANKS will try that!