Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Starting a forum   Forum Management

Started Sep-1 by Risa (Risa25); 588 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
Risa (Risa25)

Sep-1

Please help--how do I start a forum? I have been co owner of a room but now I want to start a room of my own with the same picture but with me as the owner, and all the folders I created. Is it possible to transfer these to a new room with a different name and how do I do that? I am a PLUS member. Thanks!!
gunter

Sep-1

There is a link on top of our frontpage to start a forum. https://delphiforums.com . You would need to do everything from scratch in a new forum

I take it just having the present forum transferred to you is not an option.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Risa (Risa25)

Sep-1

Thanks Gunter! At this point I don't think transferring ownership is an option although I was co owner and moderator, now my name has been stripped from the start page. I have made screen shots of everything in the forum and i have the code for the start page and the picture but I don't know how to code. I appreciate your help and will do my best. Thanks again.
In reply toRe: msg 3
Risa (Risa25)

Sep-3

Not only has my name been stripped from the Start Page but controls have been taken from me as well. I started the forum, found the picture for the start page, wrote the wording for it, created the folders and put everything in them, and have proof of all that. Is there anything I can do at all? Isn't there something called Intellectual Property?
WaltHowe
Staff

Sep-4

What forum are you referring to? We can tell you more once we know what the forum is.

Risa (Risa25)

Sep-4

I thought i wasn't supposed to say which forum in here but I will email you ok, thanks Walt!!
In reply toRe: msg 6
Risa (Risa25)

Sep-4

Walt, this morning I discovered that the forum's start page has been changed BUT all the folders I created and all the text I wrote in them has been retained.That is legally my material as I created it. It's called theft of intellectual property. I checked with an attorney. Please advise as what to do.I'm sure it violates Terms of Service to use someone else's material without their permission. Thank you.
Forgot to say I have screen shots of everything before it was altered so I can prove it.