Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

"Ignore" doesn't work/profile doesn't show   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Jan-27 by BlueMoon67; 609 views.
BlueMoon67

Jan-27

I recently encountered an interesting problem. I wanted to put a person on "ignore", so I clicked on their profile, and no profile actually showed up. It just takes me to a generic page with various Delphi members. I tried several different times, and it's always the same thing. 

So how does one completely hide their profile? If they have no profile, how are they posting in a forum? The person (or people, since they claim to be a couple) seem very suspicious as it is, due to what they are posting. 

BTW, simply clicking on "ignore" from the drop-down menu does not work in Safari (never has). That's the reason I have to go to their profile page first and then click "ignore user". But since they have no profile, or a hidden profile, I can't put them ignore.  :(

8645 (RedBV)

Jan-27

That usually indicates the profile (and nick) no longer exists . . . is it possible that someone has figured out some way of doing otherwise . . . maybe possible but not likely . . . Walt or Gunter would know better and could check for you . . .
gunter

Jan-27

As above ... the account may have already  been removed.

PM with the membername  to check more.

Kidmagnet

Jan-28

There's a little trick I use that might work here...

Using this link add the membername at the end and  see if you can access the profile that way. If they are actively posting the profile is not likely closed.

https://profiles.delphiforums.com/

In reply toRe: msg 3
BlueMoon67

Jan-28

What's weird is that no profile existed when I checked after their first post, and then they posted again the next day, indicating that the profile had not been removed -- I just couldn't access it. 

Personally, I think they were fishing for victims. Soon after they posted, I also got a PM that simply said "hi" and nothing else. 

• Edited January 28, 2022 6:43 pm  by  BlueMoon67
BlueMoon67

Jan-28

Good idea! I'll try that. 

Update: Just tried it and got an error message. 

• Edited January 28, 2022 6:41 pm  by  BlueMoon67
gunter

Jan-28

Profile has been removed from public view.

If they're posting inappropriate messages forward a copy to service@delphiforums.com.

You should still be able to gag/lock out in Controls, Set Privileges?

In reply toRe: msg 7
BlueMoon67

Jan-28

gunter said:

You should still be able to gag/lock out in Controls, Set Privileges?

I've never seen anything like that. I'm only aware that I can put someone on "ignore". 

gunter

Jan-29

I see you don't have a forum so my suggestion doesn't apply. Forum Hosts can lock out from their controls.

8645 (RedBV)

Jan-29

Did you get PM sent ya on same issue?