Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Edit Option Gone-Tried Everything   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Apr-27 by Della (PeridotEyes); 805 views.
Della (PeridotEyes)

Apr-27

Hi.  I've been troubleshooting this issue for days and getting nowhere. My Edit Post option which is normally to the right of the Reply button has disappeared. I have read over the solutions here and have checked my preferences. The only thing I've done differently recently is switch to a new Google Chromebook 17". At this point, it is beyond me. I've done absolutely everything to get it back. Even powering off, restarting, etc.

Thanks, Della

gunter

Apr-27

Run your cursor over the place where the message action/Edit link should be. Do you get the popup to click?

In reply toRe: msg 2
Della (PeridotEyes)

Apr-27

No, I don't. The only thing there is the reply button and I can click on it to reply only. I've used the edit button so many times I noticed it was missing right away.

Here's a screenshot. 

gunter

Apr-27

Which forum is this?

Kidmagnet

Apr-28

It's an error in the CSS (theme's style sheet codes) I see it in Firefox but not in Chrome or Edge. 

Try moving your cursor slightly to the right of the reply button until it shows the hand/pointed finger icon indicating a clickable area. Its approximately where I've put the red X in the image below. 

Della (PeridotEyes)

Apr-28

It works. Yaaay! Thank you so much for your help!

Della

Kidmagnet

Apr-28

You're welcome - I left a message for Cathy and I'm sure Pom can help get it fixed, but glad you can find it for now.

Della (PeridotEyes)

Apr-28

You know what? I had a feeling it could be the theme but then dismissed the thought. I couldn't think of anything else it could be. I went into my browser settings 4 times to see if I had something set wrong. I've just started using a new laptop and thought it could be me, or Chrome. Then I thought it might be the constant updates I've had since starting on a new Chromebook. I know very little about computers but do great on a Chromebook. It's a good thing, as I would lose my mind on a computer. We had a Dell once and I did very little on it.  LOL  Husband is good on computers. Thanks again, Kid. :)

alankell

May-10

Kid -

You might recall I had a similar (maybe the exact) issue a couple months ago. The suggestion to hover the cursor over the spot where the command button should be is a good one. It worked for me. Since then the command button has reappeared. I don't think anyone else in the forum was affected --- only me. That one forum was the only forum that was affected for me. The problem was evidently highly capricious and focused on one member only and one forum only. Gunter suggested it might have been a start page issue, but I've never heard from anyone else that it might have been a graphics problem.

Mystery glitch.