Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thanks, but... Login Issues   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started May-24 by stadleroux; 699 views.
stadleroux

May-24

This has nothing to do with the forum and I don't know exactly when it happened, but some time before I submitted my registration and typed in my preferred password, my computer keyboard must've been changed to some other format that switched the @ and " keys, with the result that when I wanted to login on my iPad my password wasn't accepted. I figured out that the computer keyboard had been changed when I came to take a look at my saved passwords in the browser and saw that I had used two characters I've never used before! So, after having changed my keyboard back to my preferred setting and in an attempt to make my password easy for me to remember, I tried changing it on the 'My Preferences' page here:

I tried several times, but always got the same unresponsive result, this:

After having initially copied and pasted my old as well as new passwords into the respective boxes in order to make sure that I get them exactly right, I eventually even typed both in by hand, because I thought maybe the system only accepted keystrokes, but that didn't work either, and only when I did a general search in Google for why I couldn't change my Delphi Forums password, did I come upon this page, which was not secure, but which did in fact accept my password change.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I've been using many forums over the years, as I've always found them an invaluable resource of almost any information I could think of, but this clunky kind of bugginess certainly is not the kind of standard I've become used to, least of all in a conglomeration of forums of this size.

gunter

May-24

Usually problem is that the password uses numbers and letters only, no special characters, no spaces.  Typing it in is correct.

Not clear which page you landed on via search ... is there a url?

In reply toRe: msg 2
stadleroux

May-25

Well, there were two special characters in my initial password created by the switched keyboard and there are two others in the new one created after I'd managed to switch it back to what it should be and they were both accepted. The search took me to this page http://www.unclebob.mangle.ca/delphiaccountfaq.htm , which then directed me in the answer to the first question to this one: http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mydelphi/myaccount.asp?webtag=mainconf.

gunter

May-25

Interesting. Looks to be an older page some search engine has stowed in memory.

You do get switched over to https for the login.

In reply toRe: msg 4
stadleroux

May-29

Well, I'm glad I found it, because it was the only one that was working! thumbsup