Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help needed - tracfone   General Information

Started Aug-9 by Risa (Risa25); 546 views.
Risa (Risa25)

Aug-9

I was wondering if there are any forums where I can find help with a non-computer issue, specifically trouble shooting an ORBIC Journey Flip Phone. Verizon bought Tracfone and forced me to get a new phone but it ran out of Air Time (I still have over 1,000 minutes left) and this phone has NO option to Add Airtime the way the old Tracfone did. Yes, I have looked through the entire 28 page user manual, gone on You Tube, tried to message ORBIC and called Verizon from my landline. No one can help because I have not set up a Verizon account, which I can't do with the phone not being activated. A classic Catch-22. Should I consign this piece of crap to the trash and buy another prepaid phone or has anyone figured out how to use the thing once it runs out? ANY help appreciated! THANKS!!
wetlookh2o

Aug-10

You said Tracfone that is what mine is a Tracfone Flip Phone i buy a prepaid card at walmart on the card there is a number to call . on the card there is pin number when ask key pad or voice it.
Risa (Risa25)

Aug-10

Thanks but tracfone has been bought by Verizon, who is now my provider. You can't get through to a person in Tech Support; you have to log into "My Verizon" but you can't do THAT without a working phone. So I'm going to lose my 1000 plus minutes and buy a more user-friendly phone and tell Verizon to get stuffed. I buy prepaid carts at a Walgreens but you have to add the PIN number to the phone, and there is no way to do that on this model phone. That's the problem.
wetlookh2o

Aug-10

Tracfone use Verizon service i put minutes on my phone a week ago i buy the 120 minutes 90 day plan unlimited carryover . Tracfone phone number 1-800-867-7183 if your phone like mine you do not add the pin number to the phone you call that phone number are 611 you give the pin number to them they add it to your phone.
Risa (Risa25)

Aug-10

lol they could have explained that instead of leaving me to call so many numbers I gave up in frustration...thanks for the info!!
Kidmagnet

Aug-17

Risa - are you good now? If not let me know and I'll try my tech forums.

Risa (Risa25)

Aug-17

Hi, Kid, I bought a new tracfone from Target on Monday but they no longer offer the service of setting it up and sent me to a different Target store. That one, the only tech had called out sick for the day.The phone service store near me (Target is a 25 mile round trip) has been closed for days don't know why. SO I'm going to try to activate it myself online and will let you know if it won't work, thanks for help offer!
Kidmagnet

Aug-23

Hope you are all set!

• Edited August 23, 2022 6:51 pm  by  Kidmagnet
Risa (Risa25)

Aug-24

Hope so too! Bought a no contract basic phone card, went through the activation steps, all went ok but says it can take up to 30 minutes to activate. Nothing showing on screen. Can't figure out how to MAKE a call but trying. God i miss landline phones lol
In reply toRe: msg 9
Risa (Risa25)

Aug-24

OMG it's working!! I actually got a computerised device to do what I want it do to all by myself. Alert the media lol.