Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

A disgusting ad   Feedback & Wishlist

Started Aug-31 by qrs12; 563 views.
qrs12

Aug-31

One of the ads seems to go way beyond the call of decency.  Under the phrase click here to see rare diseases, it shows a picture of a man's eye that looks like a Hollywood movie monster.

This doesn't need to be part of the forums, even in the ads.

In reply toRe: msg 1
gunter

Aug-31

Look for the tiny triangle on the corner of ads to give your feedback to google.

• Edited August 31, 2022 3:56 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 2
qrs12

Aug-31

I did.

Now I see it on almost every page when I come here.  It's like doing that made the system think I want the ad.

the ad's title is "Shocking Human Diseases".

In reply toRe: msg 3
gunter

Aug-31

Haven't seen it checking with a free account.  Can you post a screenshot?

In reply toRe: msg 5
gunter

Sep-9

Did you click on the ad itself, that makes them think you're interested and want more?

I've seen this on other sites, no idea what it is and not sure I want to know.

In reply toRe: msg 5
gunter

Sep-9

Logging out, closing browser and all tabs, then open browser and deleting browsing history and cookies may get rid of it.

In reply toRe: msg 6
RebeccahQP

Sep-12

I did a google lens search just out of curiosity.  That thing that looks like an eye with something horribly wrong with it appears to be the mouth of a parasitic lamprey, a fish that looks like an eel with a jawless, funnel-shaped mouth with lots of teeth.  They normally attach themselves to fish and suck their blood.  I don't know if it's actually photoshopped, or just there is a hand holding it and the photo is cropped so tightly that you can't make out that it's actually a hand.  I'm leaning toward photoshop, see also this snopes article:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fingertips-part-2/

Rebeccah

• Edited September 12, 2022 5:38 am  by  RebeccahQP
gunter

Sep-12

I was thinking an eye as well.

thanks for the details ...

• Edited September 12, 2022 7:57 am  by  gunter