Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Reporting Inappropriate Messages   Chat

Started Sep-1 by heavn; 422 views.
heavn

Sep-1

Hi there,

While Chatting last night, I received, I think it was 55 unwanted, distasteful private messages from a chatter. They were with two of his chat nicks. I went to the profile of one, and did the "Report as Violation" , then did the "Ignore this User", and he is banned from my room.
Then I went to his other nick's profile and did the same... "Report as Violation" and "Ignore this User", and banned the nick. One had sent I think 16 messages, and the other was 39 messages that night as I tried to chat.

Now that he can't reach me privately, he has private messaged someone I chat with, and goes to rooms that I frequent where he has never been before. I feel stalked. I hope you take the time to look in my private messages and see what is there. Rants and craziness, and insults out of the blue for no reason. Someone on drugs or something. I try to be a reasonable person.

I thought maybe I would have heard from Delphi in my email, but I didn't, so I reported it again today, in case it didn't go through. Does the report thing still work in the Profile section? Just checking.
Thanks.

heavn

Sep-1

Hi again,

I re-read what I posted, and I don't want to down-play it. I mean, some of it is rather nasty, with words such as, "Your 'friend' has walked all over your face and filled you with bull excrement." There is talking about hating homosexuals and God forgiving, and malicious witness and lying lips. All kinds of crazy rants! He mentioned my husband's name, which is threatening and scary.

The other nick that messaged me also mentioned my husband's name (first and last), called me a "ho" and a "b___" , a jackass, mentally ill, a real sicko, and other things.
I believe you would call it inappropriate.

heavn

Sep-2

Walt, The more I think of it, the more I think you should do something, seriously.
I just phoned a girlfriend of mine who reminded me that I JUST left Delphi for MONTHS due to this guy, and now that I return, he is right back on my case.

When you are checking on that Violation report, look back further, when I was here before. See, for example, in Jan 2021, where he wrote in my profile Private messages, all Capital letters:
"LIN MUST CRY HIMSELF TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT AFTER REALIZING WHAT YOU DO ALL DAY ONLINE? IF YOU DID THIS IN REAL LIFE YOU WOULD LIKELY FIND YOURSELF BEATEN.. BLOODY.. AND RAPED IN SOME DARK AND LONELY ALLEY!!!!!!"

I don't need to have him incessantly stalking me, day after day, year after year. When are you going to do something. His messages are not normal banter. they are not normal flirting. They are mental and dangerous and hurtful. Are you going to allow it?

In reply toRe: msg 3
WaltHowe
Staff

Sep-2

Responded privately by email. 

heavn

Sep-5

Hi there Walt,

I replied back by emails. Did you get 4 emails from me? Just checking, because I use a super secure, encrypted email server for this chat nick now, and it had a message that they could not prove the sender of the message was valid. So I want to make sure they sent my emails. If you could just let me know. Otherwise I will send them again from a regular email.

Thanks,
from me

In reply toRe: msg 5
WaltHowe
Staff

Sep-5

I have not received any email from you at either my Delphi or my personal address.

heavn

Sep-5

Hi Walt,

OK, I just Copy and Pasted "Forwarded" them (all 4 at once) to your "walt" address from a "fine..." yahoo account.
Thanks for all your patience.

heavn

Sep-5

Post #1 has no attachments, just a message.
Post#2 should have 5 attachments, plus message.
Post #3 I typed in "6 attachments", because there is no message.
Post #4 should have 2 attachments, and message.

Total 13 attached screen print shots. I hope they come.

In reply toRe: msg 8
gunter

Sep-5

Making sure ... send email to service@delphiforums.com or tos@delphiforums.com . Make the subject Violation Report.

In reply toRe: msg 8
WaltHowe
Staff

Sep-6

I received the messages at my personal address. Please do not try and argue with an offensive poster or try to reason with the person. Login plays no part in flame wars, and no one wins them. Just set the person on Ignore.