Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I hate it!   Feedback & Wishlist

Started Jan-25 by Paula (PaulaS44); 7452 views.
RedBV

Feb-11

Why be surprised . . .

For many folks a PM is just that, a private message now and then of info they didn't want in an open forum for the world to see . . . not a private discussion of PM after PM after PM . . .

Personally, what should have been looked at is offering a new feature . . . private discussions . . . and left the old PM format alone . . . not unlike when Delphi added the feature of blogs, that many folks don't use . . . over all the "guest book" tab could have been converted into "private discussions" . . . can't count the number of profiles (since the addition of guest book) that have nothing or next to nothing under the "guest book" tab . . .

In other words - click on a profile and there is the choice of PM and Private Discussion . . . and to access the private discussions click on the tab . . .

All in all - a concerted evaluation of the classic format . . . converting/deleting little used features . . . and making classic even better than it is . . . staying true to the reason for Delphi Forums in the first place . . . not a totally new format and adding in features that emulate, for example, the message function of Facebook or some such . . .

Anyway . . .

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-11

Yes it was a bit clunky lol

Westlake56

Feb-12

I just tried your suggesting of holding down the shift key when pressing enter to move down a line. It still sent the message. Did I miss something?

Dan

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-12

I've requested that it be added as has at least one other person. I'll re-vocalize right now!

@Cstar1 May we please have the ability to paragraph.

In reply toRe: msg 36
Risa (Risa25)

Feb-14

I find it interesting that all the PMs I wanted to keep that are now lost were when the forum was still in the Classic format not the zeta--perhaps that's why they didn't survive the transition? Could they still be on a server somewhere? she said hopefully
Cstar1
Staff

Feb-15

Forums shouldn't have any impact on PM's. They're separate systems.

Try clicking on the name of the person you were exchanging PMs with, and open their mini-profile. Then click on Send Private Message. Your entire Conversation (all messages to and from) with them should open, with the oldest messages at the top.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-15

Cstar1 said:

Try clicking on the name of the person you were exchanging PMs with, and open their mini-profile. Then click on Send Private Message. Your entire Conversation (all messages to and from) with them should open, with the oldest messages at the top.

Let me know if you are still missing messages in that conversation after following Cstar's instruction.

I have a theory but am open to being proven incorrect lol http://forums.delphiforums.com/service/messages?msg=53585.25

Risa (Risa25)

Feb-15

Thanks Cstar but I can't GET the names of some of the people because they are gone, a few even have died; and the only place their name is now was in the lost PMs. I can't get any further back than 2016 with the PMs and some of these went back to 2011. Any help is appreciated! If I had known they would vanish I would have found a way to save them but it was easy to leave them in my InBox so I didn't.
The more recent ones, last few months, DO open just as you say.
Thanks
Risa (Risa25)

Feb-15

Magnet, pleases see above to CStar; I don't know how to CC in this format thanks
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-16

I'm sorry Risa, I would hate to lose those messages myself.