Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Search not working?   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Mar-8 by Ellen(:-)) (elleng4044); 777 views.
I was trying to find one of my messages to Nita in SigParty, advanced search came up with nothing, turns out there was a message it just wasn't finding it. I told it to look in Nita's folder, I said it was to All because her name didn't show up, from me, and gave today's messages and through today.....came up nothing.....is that clear? This has been happening a lot, so decided I needed to tell you and see if you can make it more reliable, I have used advanced search ALOT and it use to work well....not so lately.
Thanks
Ellen
gunter

Mar-8

Try searching for a word or phrase in the message, does that bring it up? Give us the URL of the message - the forum and message number - and we can check more to confirm what you are seeing. 

In reply toRe: msg 2

Try searching for a word or phrase in the message, does that bring it up?
No, it does not.

Give us the URL of the message..gunter
---http://forums.delphiforums.com/sigparty/messages/?start=Start+Reading+%3E%3E

the forum and message number -this is the message it DID NOT FIND in a search-http://forums.delphiforums.com/sigparty/messages/?msg=624.17
===================

Hope that answers your questions......also I attached a jpg for you to see my request.....

It found BOTH discussions today...... so of course that is not helpful:-) *sigh

Attachments
gunter

Mar-9

Sometimes search lags in indexing newer messages, sounds like that is what happened here.

sorry for the inconvenience ...

In reply toRe: msg 4

sorry for the inconvenience ...

probably time for an acronym, since this gets used a lot. (j/k)