Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Apps for Androids   General Information

Started Jan-27 by Diva (texas_diva); 491 views.
Kidmagnet

Jan-30

Meaning those with Android phones cannot set up classic? News to me. Didn't you say you can see Classic it just isn't retaining that as your default? 

Kidmagnet

Jan-30

Did that work for you? 

kizmet1

Jan-30

Android phones and tablets can set up classic but it reverts to zeta once the phone is turned off.
Diva (texas_diva)

Jan-30

Yes ma'am it did ty so much. I meant to tell you sooner but I couldn't find the thread

Kidmagnet

Jan-30

No worries! And thanks for letting me know. 

Kidmagnet

Jan-30

kizmet1 said:

A while back Gunter said Delphi was set up to prefer zeta with androids and could not be changed.

I think you may have misunderstood him. Zeta was created to be responsive and work on most browsers. The responsive bit rejigs the layout when the system detects a smaller screen. It should work equally well on Android and iOS.

My Samsung tablet is (old) 8 inches and has three browsers on it. With Firefox I get the full desktop versions of both Zeta and Classic depending on which one the forum is in. With Chrome and the native browser I get the mobile versions (of Zeta), however I set the native one up to see the Classic full site and years later it still is.  I've guided many people through the process to see Classic on their devices and they were not all iPhones.

I know you are looking for a phone that will meet your needs and one of those is to be able to retain your preference to see Classic, but there's no way I or anyone else here can guarantee that. Like I said before I do not know why your device does not maintain the preference a guess would be that it does not save cookies (an option often used in private browsing)

kizmet1

Jan-31

I have an LG 3G phone. My Samsung tablet is 7-8 inches big with a turquoise back. It is 8G. I prefer it. I have a new 32G tablet but I do not like it very much.
Sometimes the old tablet retains Classic and sometimes it doesn't. I log on at Fred Meyer and the library.
I use my phone only at home.
I will play around with the phone again from the library and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks for the info.
Kidmagnet

Jan-31

kizmet1 said:

I have a new 32G tablet but I do not like it very much.

You can download browsers from the playstore. The native ones are not usually very feature rich. The native one on my Samsung is slow on Delphi so I downloaded Firefox (my desktop favorite browser) and hated it as well. Finally I tried Chrome which I do not like on a full sized computer - the app on my tablet works great. The browser apps are free and you can always remove them.

kizmet1

Jan-31

I have not had the new one long enough to know what is good about it. I just do not like the format. It is very complicated compared to the old one. Most of all I dislike the time consuming, sloppy "Capture screen" on it and I cannot find one like the old tablet on Google. I am told the old is software built in. I have had great succesd zipping thru genealogical records using it. Can't see it happening with this horrible 2 finger method.