Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Digging deeper in my Problems with Zeta   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Jul-6 by Kicks keep getting (HarderToFind); 200 views.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-6

Kicks keep getting (HarderToFind) said:

I guess the main reason I'm posting this is to ask if I am completely alone in experiencing this problem, or if others have from time to time had similar issues?

It's been a while since someone has posted saying that Delphi looks weird... which usually means we ask them to do what I asked you to do - log out, clear cache, restart your browser and login from the Delphi Home page. That usually fixes it.

Good digging and sleuthing! Something is likely interfering with the page loading (after a while it will load sans the scrips it could not load... I recall browsers asking you first but now it's just wham bam - here you go ma'am!)  Hopefully you will not encounter it much if at all.

Well, I don't mean for my persistence to make it appear that I'm trying to be hard to get along with. Because that's really not my goal. I'm just really curious about the disparity of the "problem"

FWIW, I've experienced the problem under both Windows and Linux, using both Chrome/Chromium and Firefox, so I don't believe the fault is simply a corrupt file on my machine.

It seems noteworthy (to me) that classic based forums are not causing me this problem, just Zeta, and just some of the time.

You'd think that if I was having outdated files in my Cache (example) causing the problem...I'd be having problems in classic as well as Zeta?

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but just trying to consider all possibilities,  one has to ponder why the developers put that "show all forums as classic" control in preferences in the first place.....almost suggesting that it might be a bug they are aware of, and just not inclined (or perhaps able) to fix?

Shame though, I've started to get fond of having that little avatar show up on each post, as it does only in Zeta  format.

Perhaps Zeta is overly dependent on Javascript? And not all  dependent resources are able to show up at the same time consistently?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-7

Well, I don't mean for my persistence to make it appear that I'm trying to be hard to get along with.

I'm not sure how I would have given you that impression, but it's not the case, so no worries.

You'd think that if I was having outdated files in my Cache (example) causing the problem...I'd be having problems in classic as well as Zeta?

My train of thought was more how you are arriving. If it's by bookmark and THAT lead to a temp page than the whole experience here would be wonky.

Perhaps Zeta is overly dependent on Javascript? And not all dependent resources are able to show up at the same time consistently?

Yes lots of Javascript here and as for it being inconsistent, it could be with your system, maybe your location... I don't know what to tell you other than it's been 6 years with Zeta and they have lots of busy forums with members accessing Zeta daily.

I say enjoy your time on Delphi - whether you are using Zeta or Classic or doing your sleuthing, as long as you are happy with it, that's what counts. I choose all three of those options and am perfectly happy.