ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

FOX 2019 Fall Schedule   TV/Radio Salad

Started May-13 by Tony W. (TONYW1); 82 views.
Tony W. (TONYW1)

May-13

FOX has announced its 2019 fall schedule (* indicates a new show):

Monday
8:00 - 9-1-1
9:00 - Prodigal Son *

Tuesday
8:00 - The Resident
9:00 - Empire (sixth and final season)

Wednesday
8:00 - The Masked Singer
9:00 - Not Just Me *

Thursday
8:00 - Thursday Night Football

Friday
8:00 - WWE Smackdown Live

Saturday
7:00 - FOX College Football

Sunday
7:00 - NFL On FOX
7:30 - The OT / FOX Encores
8:00 - The Simpsons
8:30 - Bless the Harts *
9:00 - Bob's Burgers
9:30 - Family Guy

The following shows will return midseason:

Last Man Standing
Masterchef
The Orville

These shows have been cancelled:

The Cool Kids
The Gifted
Gotham
Lethal Weapon
The Passage
Proven Innocent
Rel
Star

In reply toRe: msg 1
Tony W. (TONYW1)

May-13

FOX has 11 new shows on tap for next season. These 3 premiere in the fall:

Not Just Me - An only child (Brittany Snow) find out that her fertility doctor father (Timothy Hutton) may have conceived hundreds of children.

Prodigal Son - Tom Payne stars as the son of a convicted serial killer (Michael Sheen) who now hunts killers himself.

Bless the Harts - Animated comedy about a broke family struggling to make ends meet. Voices include Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Ike Barinholtz and Mary Steenburgen.

These shows will premiere midseason:

9-1-1: Lone Star - This spinoff stars Rob Lowe as a New York cop who relocates to Austin.

Deputy - Stephen Dorff stars in this drama about a lawman forced into office as the new Los Angeles county sherriff.

Filthy Rich - Southern gothic family drama starring Gerald McRaney and Kim Cattrall.

NeXt - John Slattery stars as a Silicon Valley pioneer who discovers that one of his own inventions, a powerful A.I., might be causing a global catastrophe.

Duncanville - Animated comedy about a boy with a rich fantasy life.

Outmatched - Comedy about a blue collar Atlantic City family. Starring Maggie Lawson and Jason Biggs.

The Great North - Animated comedy about a single dad raising his kids in Alaska. Voices include Megan Mullally, Will Forte and Nick Offerman.

Ultimate Tag - Competition show based on the game of Tag.

Showtalk
Host

May-13

Most new shows are mid Season? Why?

• Edited May 13, 2019 4:04 pm  by  Showtalk
Tony W. (TONYW1)

May-13

I think it goes back to FOX giving up Friday night to WWE Wrestling, so that's 2 hours gone right there. They also still have Thursday Night Football which lasts into December. So that only leaves 8 hours of programming on Sun-Wed. I'm betting they're holding back Last Man Standing to lead-off Thursday night (probably starting in January), paired with one of the new comedies and then a new drama to complete the night.

Showtalk
Host

May-13

I heard it will pair with Outmatched.

Why did they move Family Guy to 9:30?
Tony W. (TONYW1)

May-13

I'm not sure why FOX shuffled the Sunday lineup. It looks like they think new show Bless the Harts will do better earlier after The Simpsons instead of 9:30 after Family Guy.

brb

May-13

Ultimate Tag is produced and fronted by J J. Watt and his two brothers, they are all active pro football players.