CreeKree

Sorting out the Press

Hosted by CreeKree

Whatever the Press and the mainstream Media does not bring out!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tommy Lee Kicked Out of Emeril   Entertainment

Started 8/23/19 by CreeKree; 1493 views.
Bolomco

8/27/19

Just imagine if someone that initially lied to everyone,

gets elected by dimwit Americans within the run!

stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

• Edited August 27, 2019 11:00 am  by  Bolomco
NYCKGB

8/28/19

Most probably he behaved like a jerk

RGoss99

8/29/19

How "how dare they" A restaurent is a private business, which succeeds or not based on giving their regular clients a specific ambience. As a result, to protect their investment they have the right to exclude anyone they like for any reason, unless their reasoning is based on a historic prejudice, specificly banned by the courts. Freedom of choice when it comes to clothing on privatepremesis are not protected by the Constitution. 

This is the American free enterprise version of China's so-called 'social credit' system.

Instead of the government banning people, 'private' companies do it.   It's all legal even if it's fairly transparent what is going on.

There are already instances of large companies like Uber and Air bnb banning people based on solely on remarks they have made.   Airlines will start doing it soon if they haven't already.

Watch what you say.

Tittah

8/31/19

Would you have thought or said the same thing if Tommy Lee was black or a Muslim?

anguished

Tittah

8/31/19

Incredile social and culture wars, as if people wouldn't know any better, in spite of everything some use it to propagandise nonsense in ridiculous ways. 

RGoss99

8/31/19

Already answered, the standard is defined in law, and race is not a validcriteria for lack of service.

fozzter515

9/1/19

I think it's been always like that.

• Edited September 1, 2019 2:22 am  by  fozzter515
RGoss99

9/1/19

Not so, the laws protecting specified populations from discrimination are a work in progress. I used to get my haircut at a shop in the Pasadena (Ca) Y, one day when I was in the chair, a black kid came in and was told to leave because the barber did not cut "black" hair. He gave me some excuse when I asked after the kid left which I did not believe regarding the difference between my hair and the kid´s. I mentioned that his licence from the state, had no ethnic or racial specifice. I later heard that the Y had voided his concession based on a racial complaint. Having a license, permit, etc. creates rights, but too often American focus on rights, ignores that all rights imply responsibilities.

How about if Tommy Lee plays out some of the AMERICAN ethnic groups and gets them to court wih the demand for a huge sum of cash? 

HIRE A GOOD LAWYER TOMMY!!!!