General Discussion - M/C -  Floorboard Vibration Isolation... (3505 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 6) 

About 3 years back I bought a set of Kuryakyn Iso Floorboard Covers.  After installing them I noticed "more" floorboard vibration.

I was somewhat disappointed to say the least...and decided to experiment a little with some clear silicone rubber caulking and flat washers.

Here is what I did:

1.    I created a series of 1/4" diameter round beads of silicone caulking about 1 1/2" apart on the under side of the Kuryakyn floorboard covers.

2.    I filled the deep sockets under the stock floorboards with silicone caulking and carefully placed flat washers flush onto the wet silicone "careful" not to allow the washers to touch the floorboard metal...choose washers that give you 1/16" + clearance all around. Let the silicone cure on both the covers and stock boards for 1 or 2 days.

3.    Once cured...drill through the cured silicone filled sockets from the top side of the stock boards to ensure the drilling is centered...

4.    Place the Kuryakyn Covers over the boards and carefully screw them down from underneath just enough to compress the silicone beads a little.

*MAKE SURE THERE IS NO METAL TO METAL CONTACT BETWEEN BOARDS AND COVERS* 

*BE SURE TO USE BLUE THREAD LOCK TO PREVENT SCREWS FROM COMING LOOSE*

Happy Riding with less Floorboard Vibes!!

• Edited June 15, 2015 3:10 pm  by  7th_Son

To: 7th_Son  (2 of 6) 
 30372.2 in reply to 30372.1 
Added to the Wiki 'How To' section and a link in your other post.

To: Route6T6  (3 of 6) 
 30372.3 in reply to 30372.2 

Good Plan

To: Route6T6  (4 of 6) 
 30372.4 in reply to 30372.2 

How do I go about adding to Wiki on other possible fixes...really nothing specific at this point?

To: 7th_Son  (5 of 6) 
 30372.5 in reply to 30372.4 
Just post it as you normally would, with appropriate title.  If I don't link it within a day or so, you can send  me a PM,  but I usually notice significant (or 'worthy' suggestions).  At the moment, I and the Boss are the only ones actually authorized to add changes to the wiki.  But that is just to see that it doesn't become a free-for-all, and to keep it organized (well I'm trying!),  so don't be intimidated about making specific suggestions or requests for new ideas to be added. Don't be put off if everything suggested isn't incorporated - we don't own the data base servers and they are not part of Delphi, so not everything in terms of format may be possible, but I or future 'Keepers of the Wiki', will continue trying to improve it.  

To: Route6T6  (6 of 6) 
 30372.6 in reply to 30372.5 

Ok Worthy is good...Thanx...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.