Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, October 5th - To Do

Started Oct-5 by scapermom; 258 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-5

Got up way too early this morning. Tried to lounge in bed a bit at least.

Morning routine going. Dog & kitchen started. Laundry tbd.

After coffee I’ll do 10 on the bike and maybe a plank and some arm work.

After breakfast Ill head out for some groceries. As of this week I’m back on with the Misfits box so I’ll be doubled up on veggies for a few weeks with the CSA still in session. I can easily skip weeks with Misfits but they have fruit and other items that I can use. Even meats but I haven’t tried those. Think they are competing with Thrive Market now.

Want to look into Daily Harvest for DD to supplement the horrible dorm food thats making her sick on the daily. She’s ruled out eggs, chicken, pork & fish since she’s gotten sick after eating them there. They don’t serve beef often either. Also the water or any beverages from the soda fountains. She’s basically doing the vegan meals & IMHO it’s only a matter of time before all that soy catches up with her.

One of the parents got a charter bus for the Jersey kids for the school breaks. I need to see if they are actually planning on running the return trip for fall break. Not sure they got enough kids and don’t want to be stuck last minute having to drive DD back late night. Though there are no guarantees. 

Today’s Flymission

DH is doing a double, so just me for dinner. I’ll have whatever leftovers I can scrounge up. 

Bachelor in Paradise tonight (I think), but may try to squeeze in some Squid game or whatever. Hearing a lot about it & waant to check it out.

friedchickn

Oct-5

Well...last night was a success.  Phew.  We also made friends with 2 other restaurant owners who are looking to build/start up and are facing the same struggle with the town.  Boy were they glad we blazed the way.  A few details to finalize today and then we are back in business....so to speak.  Still months out from opening.

I have breakfast with my ladies.  Gonna swap a few puzzles.  I might crack one open this afternoon for a pleasant distraction.

piano practice

maybe a trip to the grocery...I need coffee filters and we are running low on TP.

2 chapters cause i didn't get to 1 yesterday

maybe a workout....but definitely yoga tonight.  Just have to see if I can fit it in.

I'm almost done with dd's big xmas gifts.  She wanted that weighted blanket which i ordered.  I added a dyson yesterday and we are waiting til apple releases it's newest gear later this month to get her a new pair of airpods...hers are dying.  the rest will be filler gifts.

But....both the blanket and the vaccum are back ordered which is fine...but it panicked dh.  So he wants my list.  I have a scratch one...I need to finalize...with links.

Dinner....waffle burgers with a spinach side salad

And laundry...steaming of some clothes too.

friedchickn

Oct-5

Soy does not agree with dd....jacks up her estrogen too much and makes her a zit covered lunatic.  Just sayin'  small doses are great for the non-menopausal.

And Squid Game is awesome!!!  Totally binge worthy.

scapermom

Oct-6

Congrats on the restaurant hurdle!

My nephew who works for a local grocery chain said paper supplies are getting sparse again here. Stock up on TP and whatever else you use. Our Costco already imposed limits (1 of each only). We don’t use napkins much anymore since I changed to cloth and paper towels I can also cut down on with using rags (I have a huge amount).

oooh AirPods are a good one - I’m stealing that for DD Xmas gift (hers are dying too). She has the weighted blanket and opted not to take it with her this semester.

I’m asking for a new fitbit. I’m getting him new house slippers since he finally threw his ratty ones out. That’s all I got for now. 

scapermom

Oct-6

I will mention for her to be on the lookout for symptoms.

My soy story - It literally changed my cycle when I was eating it on the regular - I mean the processed stuff that they add to food as filler - I was doing Nutrisystem vegetarian program. I also got killer lower abdominal pain that I went for myriad of tests for. When I stopped the Nutrisystem it all went away! 

I don’t think tofu, seiten & tempe do the same since they aren’t as highly processed. I actually like Natto and still eat that on occasion (it’s really healthy for you too). In fact I may order some more from this place in NYC if it’s still open.

Haven’t watched Squid Game yet. Maybe tonight!

friedchickn

Oct-6

LOL...wait til apple releases mid October....who knows maybe it'll be the latest and greatest OR the old version will be less.

I asked for a new leather band for my fitbit....sent him the etsy link and everything.  

friedchickn

Oct-6

I don't have a soy issue when it's tofu or seitan...and neither does dd...she started having issues with it from a protein powder.

I'm not a fan of those supplements...they are processed to all hell and back.  So I wasn't surprised.

scapermom

Oct-6

Oooo:? Did not know such a thing existed! The band is really my problem. I will checkout Etsy! Thanks for the tip!

scapermom

Oct-6

P.s. yours & DD’s soy issue further proves my theory that it’s not the soy itself but the processing thats the problem.

I switched to collagen powder - I use Amy Meyers brand currently. Loving the cinnamon flavor. If you want vegan Arbonne uses pea protein and they recently came out with a no cane sugar version that uses stevia instead which made me happy, but haven’t tried it yet.