Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, October 26th - To Do

Started Oct-26 by scapermom; 114 views.
scapermom

Oct-26

Nor’easter list

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-26

Not even 8am and its already been a day… DH took off and good thing because he got a text at 6am that his sister was stuck with his mom taking her for her cataract surgery appointment. So he went with his truck to pick them up and took them to the appointment. Only 20 mins late for that. On this end there was a school bus stuck on the corner causing a backup and waking me up fully.

The rain appears to have moved on, but next we’re expecting winds. Never a good combination. Making sure to keep everything charged. They’re saying more bands of rain to come later. Lots of roads closed at this point. Have local news on.

Going to try to do a 4min workout in a bit. THink I need a stretch first. 

Then on to morning tasks. Dog’s done already, laundry & kitchen are next.

Think I’m skipping visiting my sister today. We’ll reschedule. 

Took out my holiday binder but havent gotten to go over it yet, so I’ll do that today. Wanted to get new ornaments for the tree. I’ll look online first.

TOday’s zone mission and paper clutter removal should keep me busy. Maybe a dog walk if there’s a break in the action.

Think I’ll do an easy chicken with broccoli stir fry for dinner with the chicken breast that was too frozen last night to cook. DH is supposed to go in for the afternoon shift so he most likely won’t be home. I’ll catch up on some DVR TV or reading.

friedchickn

Oct-26

And I'm back!!!  As dh just told someone..."she's moved into the stage of healing where she's randomly moving about the house unassisted and doing things she probably shouldn't be.  I'm thinking of putting bells on her ankle".  eh....I'm fine...

It's been a ####.  I had a serious hypertensive event after surgery.  Managed to not have a friggin stroke...although how, I'm not sure.  Then I picked up a lovely UTI.  probably from the catheter, but honestly who knows and really who cares.  Cause of the pain meds...I couldn't really tell if it hurt to pee...either everything hurt or nothing hurt...there was no in between.

So....now that the ship seems to be righted, I'm feeling much better and headed in the right direction.

I have a stack of mail, bills and receipts on my desk.  I told dh to please, please, please....NOT do the bills unless he absolutely had to cause he just #### it all up.  So today, I'm going to sort through and triage.  make sure any ASAP stuff didn't get missed.  Everything should be paid through til the 15th...but ya know how that goes....there's always something.

I also want to do a bit of online research to see if there is a nice stretching/yoga site that has specific instructions for post hysterectomy.  I'm hoping that next Wednesday I get a release from a few restrictions and I'd like a plan.

A few more chapters in my book.  Maybe a nice cup of tea.  Maybe I'll make dh put a basket in the main living area for me to deposit things that need transport elsewhere.  He gets pissy if I carry anything up the stairs with me....even my phone. "you need 2 hands woman!!!!"  Sigh.  he means well.

scapermom

Oct-27

Welcome back! Sorry you had to go through all that. But glad you’ve got it sorted and are on the road to recovery! It’s always something for sure. 

Just saw on the Grown & Flown FB group a woman asked about what to expect for hysterectomy recovery and people were giving their very varied stories about it. Goes different for everyone. 

friedchickn

Oct-27

It's definitely different for everyone...everyone starts from different places and has different stuff done.  So the variables are endless.