Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wednesday, November 24th - To Do

Started Nov-24 by scapermom; 148 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Nov-24

Morning routine underway - laundry started, dog was out (freaking freezing) and looking for her breakfast, kitchen in progress. 
DH is leaving soon to take his mom for an appointment 

after coffee I’ll do a quick walk at home, then bills and what goes with that.

dog walk later when it warms up a bit

todays zone & holiday missions 

later I’ll get started on the sides I’m bringing for tomorrow - candied sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and roasted brussel sprouts. I made cranberry orange relish and an apple tart yesterday. I’m planning on making the turkey tomorrow and bringing it warm and ready to eat . Just need to work out timing. Also wondering if I make everything hot before leaving here or we warm up when we get there in her oven while DH is carving 

think it will be take out for dinner tonight 

friedchickn

Nov-24

I add velveeta to my green bean casserole....makes it so creamy and delicious!!!  And I never use cream of mushroom...for anything really...cream of celery is my go to.

friedchickn

Nov-24

Cleaning lady is almost done...yes she was here at the crack of dawn.  Which I was initially like...sweet baby jesus...but it turns out I've been up since 5.  So no worries there.  Might have to make myself another coffee as it is.

Listed 2 more things...some ugly christmas ornaments my MIL gave me and a nativity set that I have never once, never ever, used.  Both went like lightening.  I'm on a roll!!!!  LOL

Once I'm ready to face the world.  I need to hit walgreens.  I need a roll of good wrapping paper...can't believe my stash is almost gone.  Also found an old advent christmas tree we used to stuff things in for dd...gonna send her back home with that.  Need to drop the latest contract at the lawyer and the copy at the restaurant.

Then it's cooking time....today is squash apple bake and carrot souffle prep....I basically make the puree and measure out all the dry ingredients to add on the day of, no thinking required.  Potatoes are already peeled and chopped.

DD should be here before noon.

Dh is off skiing and will be home eventually....he got a new battery for the truck yesterday, I tried to use it to go grocery shopping and couldn't start it.  So he has the truck today.  We are both leery of it....it hasn't been the most reliable POS lately.  SIGH....dd needs to sort her car #### out and give me back my car!!!

No clue on dinner...out?

scapermom

Nov-24

That sounds really good! Going to make a note of that to try it in the future. 

Last year I made it all from scratch - a keto version that used fresh mushrooms, cream cheese and heavy cream - I noted that everyone liked it but to use canned instead of fresh green beans since they were too hard for my FIL to chew

This year I found gluten free fried onions and cream of mushroom soup and I’m using that so I can eat it. Along with th canned green beans 

friedchickn

Nov-24

You could also try French cut green beans…they’re more mushy than regular cut or fresh. And don’t have all the sodium of the canned ones. 

scapermom

Nov-25

Forgot about those. You’re right!