Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, September 16th - To Do

Started Sep-16 by scapermom; 128 views.
scapermom

Sep-16

What’s going on today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Sep-16

I don’t know what happened to my post from yesterday? Maybe I took too long? I know I started it in the morning and didn’t get to hit “post” until later in the evening. But thought I came back & finished it at least... oh well. It was more of a recap than a To Do anyway. 

Today I’ve got my weekly house blessing to get to, along with regular routine.

I have a hair appointment later this morning. Need to hit a shoe and grocery store after.

Want to update my bullet journal and fit in the 4 minute workouts. Think doing them before meals is the key. Though have to take DD for her well visit for 5, so maybe the last one will be before bed? Also get in 10 flights of stairs and dog walk.

Kale lime beef soup and salad for dinner (continuing with the Hot Melt Diet from savingdinner.com - lost 4 lbs last week and an inch off my waist, so it’s working!) Probably should throw it together early so it will be ready for when we get back from appointment.

friedchickn

Sep-16

It’s weird how stuff gets lost sometimes. 

Dd is sick, FaceTimed last night. Had her make an appt with health services for this morning. I’m betting strep. She also has an O Chem test this morning. Fun times over there. She did manage to make homemade chicken soup last night. Lol. 

Gonna be a long one for me. Piano lesson...which means 6+ hours of travel time. I’ve got a few podcasts lined up to pass the time. I have a few errands I’d rather run down there. But we’ll see. 

Had to get the dog walker since doggo can def go 6+ hours but if I run into any issues I’m gonna have a problem. Not worth the risk. So she’ll come by after school and empty my dog. Lol 

when I get home...I’ll workout and then crash. I have grand plans for getting bills and laundry done too. Lol. Right. 

This week’s task...pack for Morocco. Sigh. It’s going to require trying tons on...knees and shoulders must be covered. I have very little that do both. Or either. 

scapermom

Sep-16

Wow, never considered that about the clothing in Morocco.  It’s hot there too right? Maybe a couple of long gauze midi/maxi skirts?  A light shawl for the shoulders? What about head? Can you show that?

How did you guys decide on going there? It will be a unique vacation for sure!

friedchickn

Sep-16

I’m disinclined to purchase new stuff for a trip where it’s just Dh and I. Heck we wear the same damn clothes days in a row. Lol. Especially if no one sees us. 

The travel agent who booked our Spain trip also does Morocco. I’ve aways wanted to see the desert and he did an amazing job with Spain. So...why not?

His instructions didn’t say anything about head covering. Said t-shirts were fine. Or even tanks with a shirt. But warned that the more “modestly” dressed the less awkward the men would make my life. Apparently I’m also not supposed to smile or make polite conversation. 

We have private drivers and guides...so I’m not too worried. Or drivers in Spain were always carrying and the guides would do all the arranging. So not a lot to worry about. Areas that were safe to frolic...they let us go frolic and gave us a list of things we’d find interesting to see or do or eat. 

scapermom

Sep-17

Sounds like it will be a great trip. Enjoy!