Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, October 11th - To Do

Started Oct-11 by scapermom; 100 views.
scapermom

Oct-11

What’s today’s list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-11

Usual morning - DD up, fed, packed & out (DH is driving her since he’s home), dog’s been fed & out, kitchen cleaned up and laundry’s started. 

Today I have a return to do - not sure if I can just take it to a local store or have to mail it back. Need to read the fine print.

The stovetop really needs a good cleaning, so I’m going to start on that today.

Need to plan our college visit for the open house we’re going to tomorrow. Think we may drive in to the city since it’s downtown manhattan and easier that way. Need to book a parking spot to save some $$. 

DH may want to shop for a phone case and see about transferring stuff from his old phone to new one.

Trying a new meatloaf recipe for tonight. Uses pork rinds instead of breadcrumbs. 

friedchickn

Oct-11

Pork rinds?  That's brillant.  I use all sorts of stuff for breadcrumbs...stale crackers, chips, cereal...so why not?  Id be interested in how it turns out...

friedchickn

Oct-11

Still feeling under the weather a touch.  Not sure what's going on...and of course, it's that time of the month on top of all that.  Sigh.  when is enough enough?  Clearly there will be no breeding in my future.

Dh took today off....he says he needs a mental health day.  lol.  He says that...and he's currently downstairs working on performance review packets....so.....Apparently got up at 3 am and decided he'd just get er done.

Crossfit open starts today.  The workout looks awful.  Sigh.....Hate open season....the workouts are sooooooo hard.

Our favorite pizza/apres ski bar opens for the season tonight...so guess where we will be having dinner.  LOL.

And I made some calls and confirmed grumpy goat's labwork and ride for labwork....so I'm good for a bit there.  I still need to book a hotel for his dr's appt.  It's a Monday and I think I'll have piano that Tuesday so no point in driving back and forth....it's fine.  Might take that evening and get some shopping done and have dinner with a friend.

scapermom

Oct-11

I’ll let you know. Here’s the full recipe. Think I’ll be making it in the muffin tins since the family seems to like meatloaf better that way.

1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil

3 medium onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons pink salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup chicken broth (bone broth, if you have it)

1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup ground pork rinds
2 eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 350.
In a skillet, heat the ghee and saute the onions.
In a large bowl, with your very clean hands mix all ingredients--add the sauteed onions.
Once everything is thoroughly mixed, put it in a loaf pan or muffin tin for smaller portions.
Bake for an hour or until cooked thoroughly. Enjoy!

scapermom

Oct-11

I’m not 100% either. I think it’s allergies though. Last night I was very congested, today my throat is scratchy & just not feeling normal, but I’m not as congested. 

friedchickn

Oct-11

Yeah...I’m not as sniffly or congested but damn my throat is like sandpaper. Sigh. 

It’s fine. I’ll push through. I have plenty of small low energy tasks to work on.....