Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, October 21st - To Do

Started Oct-21 by scapermom; 187 views.
scapermom

Oct-21

What’s on today’s list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-21

DDs on her way to school. Her friend picked her up this morning. This is a first. 

It’s Monday, so I’ve started on the weekly house blessing. Linens are in the wash, rest of the tasks to follow (purge papers, empty trash, dust, vacuum, quick mop, shine mirrors/doors, make beds).

Ran the dishwasher last night so need to unload & put away. 4 minute workouts and flights.

Later I’ll head out for groceries and the bank.

Also want to work on my budget worksheet. 

Took out ribs for dinner. Going to make them in the instant pot. Ended up making the chicken in the oven last night since I decided to make bone broth in the IP instead yesterday.

friedchickn

Oct-21

Parent’s weekend went awesome. My kid is back to her semi normal self. Phew. Thought I was gonna have to kill her this summer. She’ll probably be down to only 1 roommate come the spring term as one of her roommates is on her 2nd semester of academic probation and not making changes....boyfriend drama which leads to ZERO homework and studying. And apparently her first round of tests showed it. 

The other roommate is really nice and studious. Dd and her are bonding well and I think it’s a MUCH better friendship and more like Dd. 

so we fed them and shopped and went apple picking and a hockey game and hung out. 

dh left at 3 am. 

i just picked the dog up from the kennel. He’s exhausted. My sleepy boy was there all weekend with 2 yappy corgis who don’t sleep past 4. So once I scrubbed the #### out of his fur, he had a nibble of his breakfast and then went to his bed in dh’s office...aka his quiet space. Lol. I know how he feels. 

my FIL was supposed to take grumpy goat for bloodwork this morning. I’m afraid to call and check in. 

The rest of the day for me...a workout, piano practice. Laundry and linens. Some bills and receipts. And probably a nap. I’m toast

scapermom

Oct-21

I’m exhausted just reading this! But sounds like a lovely time. Glad to hear it went well & DDs back (mostly).  Why is there always roommate drama!? 

A friend of mine went up to Boston for her son’s parents weekend (Babson). Their FB was filled with pictures from area restaurants. So apparently it’s all about taking your kid out for food? I’ve also seen the stories of parents not making hotel reservations and getting shut out. I’m already stressing about it (& what we’ll do with the dog) and DD hasn’t even put in her applications yet. Though all my nagging is paying off. Her and a friend will be reviewing each other’s applications this weekend. She also realized 2 of the schools she thought were due Nov 1 are not due til the 15th and the other is December 1st. Though she wants to get them all in by nov. 1st just to be done with Common App ones. (I plan on checking the dates myself as a backup) But then she’ll do Rutgers - the only one not CA. Deep breaths...

friedchickn

Oct-23

Lol about the restaurants. Yeah...college food is pretty bad and even though Dd has a kitchen she cooks quick stuff. Nothing like the glamorous mead I used to provide. Lol. We took her out for a bunch of meals, bought a bunch of groceries and taught her how to make a basic risotto (cause she asked). 

The hotel situation is REAL. Dh made reservations last year while we were there for this year. And I think he did the same this year.

Board the dog. He’ll be fine. 

scapermom

Oct-23

Risotto? Very ambitious she is. Ever seen Hell’s Kitchen? Lol! Risotto and scallops were what everyone screwed up on according to Chef Ramsey. Many a plate was tossed! Every time I make scallops I yell “It’s raw!” Lol just to amuse myself.

Yeah, I’mthinking her doctor’s office is really the best place. She loves them, they love her. Only problem is she’s in a small space/walk in cage for the bulk of the time she’s there. Maybe I can slip them some extra $ to take her for extra walks? Last time she bruised her arm trying to escape from the cage in there. Sigh

In reply toRe: msg 6
scapermom

Oct-23

My friends must have hit every pizza joint from Boston down to jersey on the way back. They stopped at a place in CT that had a line out the door. Pizza looked really good too. Sally’s APizza was the name. I think they planned their route around the food stops, lol! 

friedchickn

Oct-23

Risotto is really easy...it just can't be rushed.  So yeah....Hell's Kitchen probably isn't the place to make it.  Or ice cream....they always screw that up too.

There's no better kennel?  It's NJ...land of many options.  Maybe a few towns over? 

scapermom

Oct-23

There is a place that looked good and got good reviews about a half hour/45 mins away. They don’t have metal kennels. They’re plexi glass or something like that. I should check them out - take a tour or something. 

I just want a place that will keep her safe. We’ve tried several over the years with this and prior dogs and there hasn’t been a place that fit the bill. Either the dog got sick, injured, came home peeing all over the place or got itself introuble with another dog. This last time she didn’t eat the whole time she was there. They sent back all the food I packed for her. Best case scenario would be to have someone come to the house let her out a few times, feed, and walk her. But DH is against having a pet sitter type service, and I have some doubts about it myself. A  neighbor & my sister have offered, but only to let her out and feed her - which would maybe work for one day, but she’d start destroying the house or yard once she caught on (which would be fairly quick). Ok, putting call/tour the new kennel on my list!

friedchickn

Oct-23

Having a good kennel is a MUST HAVE for me...and yeah...it's like sending a kid to daycare...they come back sick or filthy or both.  

Most of the dogs I've kenneled (and the cat) have done really really well.  Minimal issues.  

Leo is probably the most finicky dog I've ever owned....he gets all bent out of shape with change and the first few times he went, he didn't eat much (heck he wouldn't eat at all yesterday and has been nibbling yesterday's dinner all day today).  They called and jazzed his food up with some hot dog bits and cheese.  He eventually got over himself.  Now he likes going...but he does come home covered in ####.  Apparently he likes to roll in it.  Sigh.  During the cold weather months, where I can't give him a hose bath outside, I just have them groom him before handing him back.  Costs extra....but hey...

Maybe finding a place you find acceptable....and then doing a few (unnecessary) short stays to get him acclimated.