Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, October 25th - To Do

Started Oct-25 by scapermom; 115 views.
scapermom

Oct-25

What’s going on?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-25

List just keeps growing! Keep pushing things along through the week. Somehow I felt accomplished yesterday, but there’s plenty I didn’t get to.

I’ve got both the laundry and dishwasher running since I forgot to do that last night.

Need to take care of some computer work, and make my way to the bank and post office (dread the post office here always only one guy working and line out the door). 

Downstairs really needs a good vacuuming.

Don’t know what I did to my lower back, but it’s twinge-y. Maybe some stretching or yoga instead of the 4 min workouts and flights? 

DH is home today so I’ll give him my Costco list so he can pick up the 50lb bag of dog food there.

If dd doesn’t go to her friend’s to work on their essays after school, I’ll head to walmart, if she does and I need to drop her laptop off there I’ll go to target. 

No idea about dinner. I have some chicken tenders to cook, so maybe those with broccoli and rice or a casserole of some kind?

friedchickn

Oct-25

I know what you mean....how do people who work all day manage? Like when does stuff get done? Or does it? Just how????

2nd builder still hasn't responded so now I need to find another...NOT an easy task in this town.  So frustrating.  My guy is good...but he's so busy that these small projects aren't worth his time....sigh.  I need someone good AND hungry, KWIM?

At some point today....I need to head over to the ILs and make sure the place is fine.  I also need to grab a bunch of tools that dh left behind before my FIL puts them somewhere safe AND spray a hornet's nest in the barn.  That should be a joy. And dd has decided she MAY want the couch....so now I need to figure out how to wrap it good for storage.

A restaurant a few towns over closed and is selling off teh contents.  I'm headed over this afternoon to see if there's anything i want.

I have goat cheese to pickup.

Just wiped down the glass shower doors...I'll need to rinse later.

Tried on my new jeans I ordered...fit perfect.  Store only had 6 and 10.  And I'm neither. 10 was baggy and 6 made me feel like a stuffed sausage. Not a feeling I enjoy.

I washed and fixed the dog bed late last night and wrapped the crappy gift I got Poppa at Walmart.  Zero selection but also....zero cares on that one.

I have a few emails, some vacuuming, and some other misc things.

And....I've got a dozen or so FEMA courses I need to complete....gonna pick one and register.  How long are these?

Dinner...OUT!!!  I need a burger and I miss my favorite bartender.

scapermom

Oct-25

FEMA courses? Did I miss something? But you reminded me DH said he would pay me if I did his online work classes - I did them last year - things like ‘safety in the workplace’ etc. I better add that to my list for the next few days.

A new burger place opened here called Zinburger - they serve wine with the burgers and they do have gluten free options, though I have yet to try the place. Probably better if we go on a weeknight.

friedchickn

Oct-26

I’ve been recruited for the county animal emergency response team. And since it’s state funded under the Katrina bill, I have to be certified by FEMA. So....it’s hours upon hours of dry ass federal training. Sigh. At least it’s online