Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wednesday, October 30th - To Do

Started Oct-30 by scapermom; 135 views.
scapermom

Oct-30

What’s on your list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-30

Good morning! DDs on the way to school. Got her up, fed, packed & out to the bus. No veggie bag since it’s been raining non stop and the fields are too muddy according to the farm email I got last night. It’s still raining so maybe I won’t get a bag this week? I purposely didn’t buy veggies/sweet potatoes when I went shopping the other day. Will be using what’s in the freezer for now I guess.

It’s Wednesday, so I’ll do bills, file and update my budget sheet. Also need to upload some receipts and make one more phone call for eye appointments - we’re all due. Have to work on getting DH to get a physical as well. 

DD actually submitted her top 4 school applications yesterday along with sending scores and I submitted the CSS! There was physical hand holding. Rutgers has their own app. So hopefully she gets on that today just to get it out of the way then she can get to her bottom 3 and be done with this. 

Dinner will be the chicken I didn’t make last night. We had Chinese take out since I didn’t have time to cook. 

I signed up for a webinar tonight at 7.

friedchickn

Oct-30

What’s the webinar on?

friedchickn

Oct-30

Came home to a clean house, happy animals and dinner. No clue what’s wrong with Dh...lol. All he said was “I usually just hold the fort down but then I asked myself why?” Huh. Did my man finally grow up? This new job has him thinking in new ways....He even went to the ILs and moved 2 massive bureaus to the barn cause it was “on your list”

So...instead of playing massive catch up...it’s just a normal day. Piano, a workout, bills, receipts and emails. Cat litter and a dump run. And some chilling...cause I’m tired  

It's Wednesday. So dinner out?

scapermom

Oct-30

Paying for college. I’m sure it’s too little too late at this point, but I’ll sit through it. Maybe I’ll get a tip or 2? 

I’m afraid that it’s going to come down to DD getting accepted to her dream school in the city with no/minimal offers and an ok school in jersey that offers her a free ride. Do you choose based on $ and get an ‘ok’ education, or where your kid will be happiest? Also which one will be most fruitful and have her set up with a job at the end of it?

friedchickn

Oct-30

I have always been of the opinion that you send the kid to the college that will set them up the best, regardless of cost....ya just make it work.  That's what dh and I did...with a boatload of debt and what we promised to do for dd....hopefully without the boatload.

What's the point of a free ride to a school where you can't use that degree to get a job? 

But....each family has to do what's best for them....(and quite frankly, this generation seems to be a crapshoot once they go to college anyways....so many stories of crap grades, drop-outs and nervous breakdowns....WTF?!?!)