Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, November 12th - To Do

Started Nov-12 by scapermom; 188 views.
scapermom

Nov-12

What’s today’s list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Nov-12

Usual morning - got dd up, fed, packed & out. She’s got midterms & I’ll be picking her up from school early so she doesn’t have to sit & twiddle her thumbs for the 2nd half of the day because of one asshat teacher who decided to partner her with a kid who’s away so she has to take the test as a makeup next week. It’s wacky. 

Hope to stop at the bank on the way home - it of course was closed when I went yesterday (on Veterans Day duh) 

I’ve got laundry going.

Going to throw a chicken in the crockpot using one of those bags to line the pot since it’s got a hairline crack on the bottom (2nd time for this rival brand one and I’m not paying 25 for a replacement crock) I’ll wait for Black Friday and buy another brand.

Have to remember to call my sister in law for her birthday today.

Oh & DH made an appointment to get an estimate for replacing our patio door for tonight at 6. SO early or really late dinner? I’m sure he’ll eat leftovers at 3 when he gets home as he’s been doing. 

friedchickn

Nov-12

I bet you could pick one up on Facebook marketplace for super cheap. Or craigslist. Seems like crockpots are always popping up.

what kind of door?

friedchickn

Nov-12

Got 3 inches of snow and then a thick layer of ice on top. Oh joy. Wish I didn’t have to drive 2 hrs to Portland for my drs appt.

speaking of which....I’m getting laser treatment for my rosacea. Apparently they zap each offending blood vessel. Sounds fun?

after that I’m coming home and just chilling. Maybe I’ll watch a few movies or read my book. 

scapermom

Nov-12

Good idea. I’ll take a look.

Sliding door - we’re upgrading to Anderson finally. I’d like to get one with the blinds inside it, but not sure if that will break.  THe crap one that the builder put in is way overdue. Air just passes right through it and one of the dogs broke the lock and handle a long time ago. 

scapermom

Nov-12

Ugh! Good luck driving in that. We had some snow flakes fall today, but nothing that stuck (thankfully). 

Oooh hopefully it didn’t hurt much! (And it works!) 

Enjoy your evening!

friedchickn

Nov-12

We had to replace our crap builder grade slider awhile back. Went with a Pella French door with the blinds built in. It was really nice. 
We have Anderson sliders here and I like them. No complaints so far

friedchickn

Nov-12

It was NOT pleasant...especially on the nose. It won’t cure the rosacea but it’ll fix the damage that’s already been done.

and while he was at it...I had him “fix” an age spot on my jaw line. Lol. I mean...while I’m laying there...might as well

i go back in January to see if I need a second round. 

scapermom

Nov-13

Yeah, we’re going to check out pella next. The guy gave a whole traveling salesman show. Turned me off completely. The product itself is great I’m sure, but just don’t want to deal and it’s soooo expensive to boot. Even with the ‘special home visit’ discount ugh!

We liked the blinds inside too. We have a transom window over it that also needs to be replaced. We can either do an oversized door - that they can’t put the blinds in or get door & window over with blinds. 

DH feels like he can do the install himself - but with help since it’s way too heavy to lift on his own. He’s got a couple of buddies that said they’d help him. Heck we could give them a couple of hundred each for the day and still get away cheap for what this guy was charging. 10 grand!? For a door? GTFOH!

scapermom

Nov-13

Ugh the pains we go through! Is that through a dermatologist? I noticed an age spot popped up on the tip of my nose recently.  I’m going to try the new Arbonne brightening cream and see if that does anything for it.