Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, November 19th - To Do

Started 11/19/19 by scapermom; 133 views.
scapermom

11/19/19

What’s going on today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

11/19/19

Up and at em! Need to budget my time today - it’s the start of the first full week of taxi service. (Though I think DD is taking off from the internship friday to go on a class trip or something. But she’ll work an extra hour each day to make up for it. I’ll still need to pick her up from school on friday since they’re getting home after buses leave.)  But for today through Thursday I’ll need to go get her at school for 11ish. That means leaving here before 10:30. 

So dog’s been delt with. Walk will happen later this afternoon either between pick ups or after. Laundry’s started. Will do a workout then maybe a quick vacuum since I didn’t get to it yesterday. Clean up and head out. 

After I drop DD off I want to swing by Whole Foods for these special wraps I can eat. Wegmans has them too, just need to see which one is on or close to my route.

Should probably text my nephew to confirm they won’t be joining us for Thxgving. Also start checking with people to see what they’re planning on bringing so I can try to curb them a bit. My sister keeps growing her list. The problem is everyone wants to have their family’s favorite version of some dish. So we end up with 3 types of stuffing and 4 potato dishes.

Need to see if I can order or find some holiday containers for people to take leftovers home in. 

Scallop tacos for dinner tonight. 

friedchickn

11/19/19

Good luck on the taxi-ing that just sounds dreadful. At least it’s only for a short while.

I’m headed south for my piano lesson and to check on the oldies. Downloaded podcasts for the ride. And I’ll check in with my BFF. We’ve been doing much better with long car ride catch up calls. (She’s still a hot mess).

I’ll bring my book and a list of follow up calls to make in case I get there early. 

scapermom

11/19/19

Going to bring a stack of catalogs for the final pickup. On friday I waited quite a while for her to get out of there. 

That’s a good use of car rides! I like to listen to podcasts while driving too. Phone calls not so much...lol!  

friedchickn

11/19/19

Yeah....phone calls aren't my fav.  I have a wicked hard time hearing them...like certain frequencies just don't register with me??? Probably too many rock concerts in my youth.

But my BFF is awful at texting....she just doesn't get it and maybe I'm better at it cause of dd...who knows.  Anyways....our weekly catch up in the car has been bridging this latest gap.

Of course every time I start thinking about that I wonder if it's just time to let this friendship go....but....I'm just not ready and I know she's not either.