Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, November 26th - To Do

Started Nov-26 by scapermom; 147 views.
scapermom

Nov-26

What’s the list for today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Nov-26

Good morning! Up and at em... stomach’s still crampy but I got stuff to do. Got the laundry going, next up is unloading dishwasher and kitchen clean up.

Want to attack the stove top today. Then it can get all dirty again on thanksgiving... also vacuum and wash the throw rugs.

Have to pick up DD for 10:45 then bring her over to her internship. DH is home and will pick her up at 2:30. Then after drop off I’ll head to a few errands - dog needs her treats and I need new pot holders. 

I’m not going to prep side dishes til tomorrow. It’s crazy how I’m preparing for Thursday, yet we still have to eat and think about food the rest of the week. I’ve been giving DD canned soup for lunch everyday. That’s one load off at least. Plus every time I talk to my sister I find out another dish she’s preparing for the day. Now she’s bringing apple pie. I bet we’ll end up with 4 of them at least. Everyone goes rogue! 

I think i’ll make pasta for the family tonight and I’ll eat something leftover or more rice & broth.

friedchickn

Nov-26

Dd is coming home!!!! Very happy about that!!!  She had class til noon and a few things to do and then she’ll hit the road. It’s a long drive. She’ll get here by dinner and had already requested our favorite burger bar.

dh has calls all morning but managed to pop out early and grab what he needed to fix one of the sofa legs we broke last night. Lol. Moving furniture around to make it more “entertaining “ and the #### snapped off HARD. While he was “in there”...he reinforced all the legs cause “I’m just waiting for the others to go”. To be fair....the couch is 20+ years old and has been moved 100’s of times. So.....

dd’s room is cleaned and ready. Put everything back exactly as she left it. Just cleaned. Lol. I’ll need to do a quick swipe on the bottom floor bathroom that’s next to her room.

yesterday’s workout was a beast. Not looking forward to today’s.

piano practice...I do not like my new piece. 

and more thxgiving prep. Chop the celery for the stuffing, stuff the dates and if I have time...peel and cut the potatoes. Need to figure out a way to store all the casseroles in the damn fridge. (Need a second fridge...but unwilling to commit to one for ONE meal a year). Kinda wishing it was colder out. But might resort to coolers on the deck anyway.

i’d also like to get some more wrapping done. Aka clear the damn table. 

scapermom

Nov-26

Yeah, storage is a problem at this time of year. We’ve done the coolers on the deck thing. I’ve got a bunch of cold packs we use for that. Heck I’ve even put my turkey out there or in the garage to defrost. We have an extra small fridge that we use for drinks mostly, but it can take overflow when needed. 

I’m intrigued by the stuffed dates. What do you stuff them with? I’ve made them with coconut butter for myself as a treat. Also I’ve always thought if you peel and cut the potatoes early they turn black or get water logged. So I do it all on the day of. Making mashed white, candied sweet and roasted sweet with butternut squash and cranberries.

friedchickn

Nov-26

I stuff the dates with peanut butter and then roll in sugar which keeps them from getting sticky. 

As for the potatoes...here’s an old army trick for ya. Peel and cut them and as long as they’re submerged in water, they don’t turn black. I do all 10#s on a Tuesday in the pan they’ll be boiled in....put the lid on to keep out whatever...and then they sit in the garage on a workbench where no one will dump em by accident. Best. Trick. Ever. 

scapermom

Nov-27

Thanks for the tip! Yum the dates sound really good too.