Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, January 3rd - To Do

Started Jan-3 by scapermom; 89 views.
scapermom

Jan-3

What’s up today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Jan-3

Rainy day here. DH is driving DD to school. I’ll go pick her up in a few hours to take her to her internship. Have laundry going & the dog’s been out & fed.

I’ve got some $ leftover in my food budget, so trying to figure out how to spend it. I think we’ll need some proteins to get us through to either the next shopping trip or the butcher Box delivery - which can be anywhere from the 7th to the 15th of the month. 

If I can get my bank stuff set up before heading out I’ll stop there on the way back from pickup/delivery. 

I also have a return at Kohl’s. 

Need to figure out our game plan for going to the city tomorrow. Taking DD to see a play - The Lightening Thief (closing on Sunday) - part of her christmas gift. 

Took out chicken for dinner tonight. 

friedchickn

Jan-3

Today is just a weird day.  Heck it's been weeks of weird around here.

Dh got up early, couldn't sleep and decided he'd hike up Mt Washington and ski down.  he's already back, eaten a giant 2nd breakfast and is now in his office....til probably way late tonight.  He's got calls with Asian and Australia...so not exactly the right time zones.

Dd got asked to work tonight at the restaurant...wasn't scheduled but someone is sick.  And then got a last minute request to babysit today.  So she was up and out early today and I probably won't see much of her either.

Dh requested deviled eggs.  Already hard boiled the suckers and i'm just waiting for the motivation to finish.  Dog laundry is in the washer.  And I just figured out a plan for dinner....chicken mole over rice with a veggie TBD.  

Won't workout til much later...it doesn't look fun.  I'll practice piano early before he gets on his international calls.

Need to swing over to the specialty market to get spices for homemade ranch dressing.  I used the last of it to make mini meatloaves.  Might swing by the library to get another book...since I'll have a bunch of quiet hours and will probably finish the one I'm on.

I've been cleaning my office, which took a thrashing over the holidays and getting more organized.  One small pile at a time.  Started working on getting the new FSA account setup and tried to submit yesterday's eligible expenses....we'll see how that goes.  It was not obvious how to do and there was absolutely no instructions.  WTF.

And I found a mason jar that's the perfect size for making a mason jar soap dispenser for our main bath.  So I'll plug away at that today too.