Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, February 21st - To Do

Started Feb-21 by scapermom; 103 views.
scapermom

Feb-21

What cha got for today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Feb-21

Another month flying by! 

Usual - laundry, workout, dog walk once it gets up in the 30s later... 

Have some gift auction tasks. Want to check in with the ladies. It’s quickly approaching. Guess I should buy my tickets too.

Have to call the insurance co. And add DD to our plan...yikes!

Been on a decluttering mission and will continue that. Maybe vacuum the living room.

Want to check the other grocery store to see if they have what the one I went to was out of the other day. Either that or I’ll send DH to Costco since the list is growing.

Dinner is take out or go out.

friedchickn

Feb-21

Went snowshoeing with a friend and the dogs....oh boy did they have fun.  Leo is now completely out and snoring under my desk.

I've got at least 2 loads of laundry to do....all this snow gear is bulky and I just keep going...

My back is now less than thrilled with me.  Sigh.  Wish I had time for a nice soak in the hot tub...but I kinda don't.  Maybe later tonight.

Just finished placing an order with athleta for new swim wear and some resort/summer clothes.  Figure I need time to try on and ship back and forth for new sizes or colors if these don't work out.  

Also did the check statements.

Helping at the buying club again at 2.  It's easy work and by volunteering I get 1/2 price membership.  No biggie for me and it's not like I don't have to go to pick up my stuff anyways.

Tonight....i got tickets to a comedy show at the main lodge on teh mountain.  It's Massachusetts vacation week, which is a massive circus here in this tiny ski town.  We go from 4,000 to 40,000+.  Which is a massive hassle but also has some benefits....like big name acts and expanded hours at places.

And I need to get some eggs from the shack....always a fun process.

friedchickn

Feb-21

Oh boy....good luck on the insurance.  Did they tell you in advance how much it was going to go up?

scapermom

Feb-21

Nope. No such luck. They just said they’d list her as the driver for our oldest vehicle. But we did get a discount for her good grades! They would have given one if she took that dang after school  class also... Between this and all the upcoming college expenses I’m seriously considering getting a paying job.

friedchickn

Feb-21

Oh wow. I got an estimate before we even started down the path. I need to know...that’s how I am.

She took a course...didn’t that count? 

scapermom

Feb-22

She did the 6 hour driving lesson. The insurance rep said she would have had to take the course for the written test plus that to get the discount. But her school doesn’t include it in their regular curriculum. Only offered an after school thing. But we didn’t think it was necessary at the time (just read the book and take the test is what we did in our day!lol)... so we got screwed out of that discount. I hate the whole insurance game.