Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, March 9th - To Do

Started Mar-9 by scapermom; 108 views.
scapermom

Mar-9

What’s happening?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Mar-9

The list is long and full of terror!

It’s monday, so house blessing is the priority.

Have been gearing up & gathering what I need to give the dog a bath. Supposed to hit 70 today. So I can put her out after to finish drying. Going to try it with the blow dryer for a bit & I’ve got a stack of towels for the initial soak up. Worked last time when I smeared peanut butter on the walls. Then I’ll be cleaning the bathroom for a bit.

Add in a few calls, some planning and prep and that sounds like a more than full day to me. 

Took out ribs to make in the instant pot tonight.RealizedI don’t have kraut, so may run out for that or find some other way to make them (fam doesn’t like BBQ sauce...yeah they’re weird)

friedchickn

Mar-9

I had a great weekend. (By myself...which is totally weird).  It was the right mix of tasks and fun with enough to keep me busy and not lonely or bored.  I've got a long week ahead of me....so I'll be trying to keep up the pace.

Today's big task....my laser appt in Portland.  It's 1.5-2 hrs there (and then back).  15 min appt....LOL.  Stopping to mail my athleta returns and a Thred Up bag full of spring/summer stuff I dont want anymore.  On the way home...I'll hit the big grocery for the elementary school pantry run.

Debating working out before or after the trip....currently can't get motivated.  

At some point, I'll practice piano, do my romwod workout and my 2:15 plank.  Bills, email and probably whatever I get at the PO.

I've got leftovers for dinner...mini meatloaves and asparagus.  I'll save my carbs for a piece of apple cake later tonight.  I'll just have some carrot sticks and/or an apple with peanut butter for a light lunch.  The scale has been moving in the right direction and so far I don't feel deprived AT ALL.  So I'm gonna continue along...

Looking into a better way to dispose of the K cups....they've finally started making the plastic sleeve recyclable but the innards are a bitch to get out.  There are a few companies that offer services to collect them...but they're mostly for workplaces and not residential.  Found a "cutter" that neatly separates the top from the plastic cup....but I want to read up a bit more.

And lastly....I want to organize all of our insurance stuff better...it's a mess....home, home, auto, bikes, umbrella, boat....arrrrgghhh.  I've pulled it all out and I'm sifting into piles.  Next up...removing all the out of date crap and figuring out how I want to organize it.

scapermom

Mar-9

Let me know what you find out about k cup recycling. I had found one brand that didn’t have the plastic cup on the bottom, just a degradable net or whatever, but we didn’t really like the coffee. I do have the reusable containers, and coffee to put in them, but we’re lazy and the cups are sooo convenient... 

After taxes are done, I go through papers and take out the old, file in the last year section and move it all down/out/shred. It’s a huge project.

Just finished trying to wrestle the dog in the bath. She fought hard & won. Did NOT want to go in. Now I have peanut butter smeared on the walls and no one to eat it... ugh! Taking a breather then I ‘ll go for round 2. She’s under the dining room table now. Not a good sign.

friedchickn

Mar-9

Keurig just changed the composition of the plastic cup part to a number 5 which is recyclable in most areas.  In theory, you just peel the foil back and empty the grounds.  They claim the paper filter and leftover grounds won't affect the recycling process.

It's a friggin nightmare.  The foil doesn't come back in one piece.  There's coffee grinds everywhere.  And!!!!  I read a bunch of articles on how municipalities are begging people to stop throwing away plastics with contaminants...like yogurt still in yogurt cups.  So how the heck are the filter and grounds acceptable?!? Cleaning the cup out completely is NOT happening.  The filter doesn't come all the way out....even more grounds end up everywhere and quite frankly....NOPE.

Found a neat little device called a Recycle A Cup, that allows you to just cut the top off and the cup comes away clean...and thus I can recycle it.  I'm assuming I should be able to just cut the filter and dump most of the grounds for compost.  Thus reducing the environmental burden....

I ordered a 2 pack....so we shall see.

friedchickn

Mar-9

As for paperwork....I'm pretty good with most stuff....I have a (cute) bucket under my desk taht everything goes in and when it's full I sift through and toss what I don't need anymore.  About every 6 months.  

But insurance stuff, I typically toss back in.  Cause....I can get the bucket down to 90% or so just getting rid of receipts and old bills that aren't relevant.  So for teh most part I just havent cared that much.  Unless I need something....and then I'm kicking myself....

I already have binders for each car/bike, a binder for warranties and manuals, a vet binder and one for the ILs house.  I used to have one for the pool.  Etc etc.  Which made finding things easy.  

It's just the next logical step....I've just never been motivated enough or found the time.