Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wednesday, March 11th - To Do

Started Mar-11 by scapermom; 146 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Mar-11

DD was running late & the bus was running early... so she drove there & I drove back. First time in the dark for her... quite scary for me... should have taken my BP meds before leaving, I’m sure it skyrocketed on the ride. 

Back home & did laundry, kitchen clean up, fed dog. She was sick a few times yesterday, so I made her rice last night for dinner & gave it to her again this am with a bit of her food mixed in. She loved it and so far has kept it all in. Thankfully! 

It’s Wednesday, so I’ll do some bills and file. Also should work on taxes. Haven’t done much.

Other than that, I’m keeping away from the news. 

Roast chicken leg/thighs for dinner tonight. 

friedchickn

Mar-11

So much going on....feast or famine, I guess.

Dh and dd are still enjoying the skiing out west.  They'll be home (post dinner) tomorrow.

We are still waiting on most (all) of dd's professor's to decide how this is being handled to figure out if we need to go back on Saturday...or Sunday...to get more of her things/books, etc.  I think the uncertainty is what is killing us all. 

Not to mention, I'm supposed to host a family dinner on Saturday....but if I'm driving to upstate with dd....I'm not going to be here for that.  And so.....do I get groceries for a big dinner or not.  who knows?  and I have a meeting Monday night I really want to attend....so can we please have a decision damn it?!?

The contractor started on the barn side shed roof extension that was falling off....quite literally.  After initial tear off, we've completely changed gears.  He's now gung ho on doing the whole damn renovation?  Um....OK.  Guess that moves the duplex conversation up with the ILs....lord help me.  

The boat is purchased and waiting for ice out in NH.  Then we need to arrange shipment to ME....and registration?  No clue how that all works.  Dh is currently working on a name....cause that's important.

And did I tell you that his payroll messed up massively....yup.  And because of how dh's paycheck is distributed it's been a bit of a nightmare re-gathering the funds.  I've finally got them all in one place and need to send it signature confirmation today.  They don't do wires....who doesn't do wires nowadays?!?!

But none of that is on the list....except the check.

So....at some point I'm going to work out and practice my piano.

I need to do a yoga stretch soooooo bad, my quads are so tight from Monday's workout.

I need to drop off the kid's pantry stuff at the elementary school. A trip to the dry cleaner, jeweler's and framer's several towns over.

Oh and I need a binder.  Wondering if walgreens has those.  No staples for miles and miles and miles.  I'd like to make some progress on the insurance paper disaster on my floor.

Tonight....might go out to dinner at our friend's burger place BY MYSELF.  Might just grab takeout.  Might just open a bottle of wine and forget the chaos.  TBD.

scapermom

Mar-11

I’m with you, wine sounds like a fine option!

Walgreens should have an office section for the binder - I know CVS does.

scapermom

Mar-11

Oh & my DH wants to try getting on a plane to tampa tomorrow to visit one of DDs possible schools. We were supposed to go on the 22nd but he’s thinking that’s unlikely to happen at this point. We would make it a day trip - back & forth in one day. He’s saying the planes are wide open. I am not a last minute plan girl and it’s freaking me out.
friedchickn

Mar-11

They did and it wasn't too outrageously priced.

friedchickn

Mar-11

I'd check and make sure the campus is still planning on being open.  Colleges across the US are canceling classes....most are going on spring break, or on spring break...so it's been a bit spotty.

scapermom

Mar-11

He’s all hyped up because we can fly practically free. It’s usually impossible for all of us to get on a flight since they are overbooked. 

He said there was a plane that left last night - a 777 headed for Paris with 20 people on it! 

I looked it up & Tampa is on spring break this week. Though they’re still open for tours according to their website. So DD doesn’t want to do it. She told him what’s the point she won’t get a feel for it. Again I think we like the idea of it more than she does... 

friedchickn

Mar-11

Pretty much every company I know in the Bay Area has canceled ALL travel....so....yeah, I think alot of business traveler's just AREN'T.