Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, March 13th - To Do

Started Mar-13 by scapermom; 75 views.
scapermom

Mar-13

Whatcha doing on this friday the 13th?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Mar-13

So everyone’s home and I’m off my game... Got a batch of laundry done, DH actually took care of breakfasts & cleanup. Then we did a nice dog walk. Got to catch up with a neighbor I hadn’t seen in a while too.

Iput in a tea order that I’ve been meaning to do.

Had several phone conversations - keeping the inlaws & one of DHs aunts calm and trying to make them stay in doors. Need to text another one of them that’s in a rehab place.

Should work on taxes if I can shut myself away from everyone somewhere. 

Going to help DD craft a letter to some of the 3 or 4 colleges we were planning on visiting in the coming weeks but now may not be able to before decision day rolls around.

Defrosting cod for dinner tonight. 

friedchickn

Mar-14

Aren't we all off our game?!?

Let's see.....we had a great breakfast.  I had pre-made homefries that used up some old blueberry sausage and onions from the freezer and dh topped them with cheese and fried eggs.  So good. And a nice start to a crappy day...

Pouring freezing rain and cloudy #### skies just didn't help anyone's mood.

We made a trip to walmart for a few things that we needed and stopped at an indoor flea market to look for a desk for dd.  Walmart went OK.  Desk shopping not so much.

Stopped at every store along the way to look for TP, cause I'm irrationally nervous about our supply.  

Then we stopped at the IL's and went hunting in the barn for something....we found an old drop leaf table.  Dh brought it home....took the leaves off and shortened it to fit perfectly the way dd wanted it.  So it's actually a pretty cool looking desk now.  She wants to get a glass top made and put stuff under the top.  So we'll add that to next week's task list.  She spent the rest of the day nesting in the guest bedroom that we've told her she can turn into an office...and probably moping.  All her plans are ruined in the blink of an eye ....

I pre-made lasagna for tonight's family dinner with the ILs.  Worked out, did my yoga and practiced piano and basically forced myself to act like this is just another day.  Fake it til ya make it???