Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, March 17th- To Do

Started Mar-17 by scapermom; 135 views.
scapermom

Mar-17

What’s on your Lucky list today? four_leaf_clover

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Mar-17

Rainy & nasty out, but supposed to stop around 11 at least. Dog walk will need to wait until then.

Getting into a new routine. Alarm goes off at 6:30 I get up out of bed around 6:45. So far, DDs been up & getting dressed by the time I emerge from my room. We’ll see if she can keep it up. That extra hour is doing wonders for her. Keeping breakfast routine the same. I’m not eating early though. I try to fast a bit. Trying to recognize hunger. Need to work on that at night too! Every week the scale is going in the wrong direction!

DDs doing her first class now. It’s the only one that the teacher is actually online visually with them. Each class has a check in & check out policy. But the rest are just the teacher leaving assignments for them. 

Last night she got real emotional about losing the rest of her senior year. Especially since they’re saying this thing may last til August now. Ugh! Glad I returned the one prom dress, I have until the 29th to return the others...should I? So sad! Maybe they’ll do something virtually? What about graduation? Ugh!

I realized now why I can’t find any garlic at the stores - it’s a natural anti viral/antibiotic. People are eating it raw to ward off the virus or making elixirs with it. I just need it for cooking! Glad Iplanted some in my little garden. It was shooting up the other day, but certainly not fully grown for a while yet.

I’ve got laundry going. Dogs been delt with and towel dried. Kitchen clean up and Flylady mission - we’re in the main bathroom & one other room this week. Trash can cleaning it is! 

DH texted that he’s coming home normal time, bagged the second shift. 

Going to use the chicken apple sausages DH got in costco to make a ‘coddle’ tonight. Some one on the Beyond 40s page mentioned it. I didn’t buy corned beef last week when I wanted to since I thought we’d be having it by my sister’s. 

friedchickn

Mar-17

Trying to find a new norm.  Piano class got canceled, so I was hoping to get into the yoga class I can never make....nope.  Yoga's done too.  Right.  OK.  Everything is canceled.

So....did an online yoga.  Then cleaned the kitchen after everyone ate breakfast.  Dh is working as usual.  Dd had a webex test run for one of her classes and is now making a grocery run...she's on dinner prep tonight and has decided on butternut squash and black bean enchiladas.  

Lunch will be leftovers. Again. 

Dd has the washer/dryer today.  I do have a load hanging that I need to fold. Tomorrow is my day for the laundry.

Her BFF is coming up.  Yup....One Hot Mess as we've affectionately called her for almost a decade now....is on her way.  Had a long phone call with her mother about expectations and worst cases.  So....I might own Anna.  LOL.  Great.

My ILs are still delusional.  Sigh.  Theyre biggest current complaint is that dunkins is only drive thru right now.  Right.  OK.

So....I have a health questionnaire to fill out for my annual physical tomorrow....assuming that still happens.

Then I need to figure out how to renew a registration online...Town Hall is closed.

Order a glass top for dd's new desk.

And I have a ton of ginger...so I'm gonna try my hand at pickled ginger.  Whynot?

I'll workout and do my plank and practice piano and read my new book which is awesome...

scapermom

Mar-18

Like the idea of a schedule with everyone home. I may adapt it here.

Yeah, my husband’s aunt who’s in her 70s with all kinds of ailments goes to the grocery like every day...

I have a 6 month physical scheduled for the 31st. Have to see what’s going on with that. 

Ginger can be frozen too if you don’t get to the pickling.

What are you reading?

friedchickn

Mar-18

The wives by Tarryn Fisher. It’s good. 

scapermom

Mar-18

Thanks I’ll check it out.

friedchickn

Mar-18

I was able to grab 3 new releases before the library closed.  

The Wives

Belong To Me by Marisa de los Santos

Every Note Played by Lisa Genova

all 3 are supposed to be really good and I've been waiting for them to get ordered.

Of course....I know the library director and she said I can get books out whenever....we'll go in all clandestine.  LOL.

scapermom

Mar-18

Going to have to see if they’re available online.  I don’t have much of an in there at this time. Though I just got a friend request on FB from the Library staff!? Probably because I promoted online use on the township page.