Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wednesday, March 18th - To Do

Started Mar-18 by scapermom; 133 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Mar-18

Taking care of the new usual this am.  DD up & fed, she’s getting ready for online classes. She spent the afternoon yesterday FaceTiming with various friends. I’ve got laundry going & the dog is outside enjoying the cold sunshine. DH is home today and still sleeping. He was saying something last night about using his sick days and staying home for the remainder since things are pretty dead at the airport. This should be fun... I may go work at Whole Foods just to get out of the house at this point!

Bathroom mission is cleaning out the medicine cabinets of expired stuff & wiping down the shelves.

It’s Wednesday so I’ll do bills, file & mess with taxes.

Got an email from Utampa yesterday that they are doing a virtual accepted students day today, though there was no time or link/information on how... so need to check into that a bit more or grab DD when she’s on a break and have her check into it.

Have ground beef for dinner tonight. Not sure how I’ll prepare it. 

friedchickn

Mar-18

Day 3 of the new world order. Sigh.

Went totally stir crazy yesterday and had to get out. It was cold and snowing and just awful all day. So after dinner, I cleaned the kitchen since Dd had cooked and then begged Dh to go for a car ride. We ended up driving through a remote section of Grafton State Park and hiked in a bit to see the Falls. They were so amazingly beautiful. Dusk, snow and sheets of ice. Just beautiful. Nice reminder to be happy for what we still have and still can do and try to make this #### work.

So....for the moment....feeling better about my situation. Lol. Of course Dd and 1HM just got up and are now making waffles. So I may have to practice some social distancing just to not kill them. Lol

I made myself cinnamon pear overnight oats for my breakfast. And Dh had already eaten before I got up. So after Dd destroys the kitchen, I’ll clean all that up. Lunch is leftovers. Dinner...is usually out. I think there are only 1 or 2 restaurants left that can/will seat. Most closed yesterday or went to take out only. So....I guess we will see.

I have an annual physical today. Lol. That’s my outing. Lol

Tried to get some vehicle registrations done yesterday. One came up with an error code so I put in a ticket for that. Got an email back that said I had to go to my town’s office. Right. That’s closed. So I emailed them. But I don’t know if they’re even there. Oh well. I tried.

Ordered DD’s glass for her desk over the phone. The lady was so sweet and so funny. We went with her best recommendations and promised to send her pictures of the finished product. Assuming I can pick it up. Lol

Dump day....I may go just to escape. Still have to do cat litter. So it might be worth the trip.

Never got to my piano practice cause 1HM showed up right as I was going to. I hate practicing with an audience. Even Dd bothers me. So need to work that out in my head.

Did my yoga workout upstairs in the bedroom. Lol. I usually leave the shutters closed and the dog loves to nap in the dark. Couldn’t do yoga like that...wanted either bright sunshine or maybe candle lights.  Well...I left the shutters open and the dog wouldn’t nap in there and turned into the whiniest #### all day. So....,now I have to worry about his routine too. FML

Gym workout was a welcome retreat. Can’t stress if you can’t breathe!!!  Lol. Looking forward to forgetting about life again today. Even if I’m sore as ####.

Sorry this got so long....

scapermom

Mar-18

What or who is 1HM? 

All restaurants here in NJ are take out. Some are even posting special menus. Even the local comic shop is doing curbside pick up (new comics come out on Tuesday).

Yeah, I hear you. Life has been turned upside down for everyone. DD was in tears again over I don’t know what and ran into her room and slammed the door - the only room with a door downstairs I might add. It was the den that we converted into her play room and now hang/out school room. 

I’ve moved into the dining room so I could do bills in semi peace without the TV that DH is watching blaring at me or him asking me questions about other things while I’m trying to concentrate. But now he’s moved across from me into the office and asking away... why didn’t I put french doors on that room like I wanted? Never again open concept! 

friedchickn

Mar-18

One Hot Mess....1HM....dd's best friend.  We've called her that for the past decade....she's sweet but naive and well a little dumb.

It may seem like overkill to institute all sorts of rules....but it is keeping the peace.  We each have a floor and during business hours you are expected to stay on your floor and be silent if you enter another floor.  

scapermom

Mar-19

I hear ya. I’m starting to feel like I’m running an all day restaurant. 

friedchickn

Mar-19

Yup.  That was part of the family meeting. 

Breakfast...sometimes dh can cook for us but sometimes he has early calls and then it's a free for all.  I'm responsible for after breakfast cleanup. 

Lunch is leftovers!!  Mandatory.  I'm responsible for after lunch cleanup.

Dd is responsible for dinner on Tuesday.  Dh has one floating day.  We'll continue to get takeout on Wednesday and one weekend day (as usual) until we can't anymore.  I'm only responsible for cleanup on days I don't cook dinner.

Rigid....and so far working.  Cause I'm not a restaurant.....

scapermom

Mar-19

I like this so much! DH is very capable of making breakfast - he’s a good short order cook. He helped me prep dinner just now too. He’s also good about helping with after dinner clean up. For years he worked afternoons or midnights and wasn’t around to help, so he kind of enjoys that time, you know?

DDs the one who needs more work. Going to have to assigner a night