Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, March 20th -To Do

Started Mar-20 by scapermom; 103 views.
scapermom

Mar-20

What’s To Do?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Mar-20

Got DD up & fed, she’s doing the online school thing. She usually emerges around 10:30 for a snack break. I’m ready. 

DH & I just finished breakfast & cleanup. I’ve got laundry going & fed the dog. Thinking we’ll do an early dog walk. 

I have a pile of papers to go through & sort (keep/toss) and am continuing to take inventory of what’s in the freezers/fridge/pantry. I’d feel better with of a stockpile of laundry detergent. I’ve only got the one bottle that I’m using. 

I started organizing tax papers yesterday. Need to get on with it today. 

Flylady Mission today is to wash the bathroom floor. Going to have to vacuum it first.

Evening dog walk. Light weight workout tbd.

Shrimp & cauliflower grits for dinner. Lunch will be the leftover salmon (I think there’s enough for all of us), if not there’s tuna pouches.

friedchickn

Mar-20

Dh got into it with dd this morning about the state of the single bay garage....the agreement was it would be sorted out by Friday.  And well...it's definitely not looking promising.  I got up, took my coffee and left the room.  Work it out kids.  I can't be your referee anymore.

We all went our separate ways for breakfast...lol.  And in a bit I'll get down there and clean things up.  It's also my day for the laundry....I'll wait til both dh and I are finished working out.

I have a leftover egg/ricotta mix that needs using.  Found a recipe for a bar cookie...all I need to do now is retrieve a bag of frozen blueberries from the ILs.  That's where we unloaded all of dd's food from her place.

medicated the cat this morning.  She was asleep under my blankets and I tried to do it as gently as I could so that she wouldn't get all twisted up and would just go back to sleep.  I had to chase her last night....I was already tired, stressed and DONE.  Chasing the cat really didn't do much for my attitude.

I have a lead disclosure to read through for dd.  Her apartment for next year has lead paint.  And they're required by law to have her sign a disclosure.  It's 20 pages....at least.

She also has a giant stack of clothes for ThredUp....I get first dibs so I want to go through and see if there's anything I want.  Promised her I'd do that today too.

A workout, piano practice...a yoga session and my plank.  I've really been struggling to fit it all in.....But I refuse to cut back on me time.  So....next family meeting I'm gonna ask for some more assistance if I can't work things out.

And at 2, I'm going over to help with the food club.  Maybe the last shipment for awhile....

Lunch is leftovers.  Again.  Enjoy.  LOL.  

Dinner ....I'm thinking swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes, cranberries and brussel sprouts.

We finished Season 1 of High Maintenance last night.  Is there a season 2?

scapermom

Mar-20

We’re still working on movies over here. Though for the last 2 nights we skipped it. On Wed I watch Survivor and we didn’t want to start a movie at 9 -too late. Last night I watched a documentary on the Titanic - I have a slight obsession with it. I think I was on it in a past life. I’ve always had an irrational fear of cruise ships - from little when parents would take me to BonVoyage parties on ships. Then DH & Iwent to Nova Scotia and were just wandering the streets as one does & we ended up at the graveyard where they buried the dead that washed up there from the titanic! DH said he will always remember the look on my face when we realized where we were... eerie, no?

friedchickn

Mar-20

Very eerie....there's so little that we actually know about how the world works.