Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, March 27th - To Do

Started Mar-27 by scapermom; 104 views.
scapermom

Mar-27

What is happening today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Mar-27

Trying a weird new breakfast porridge for my breakfast. It’s made with tiger nuts & coconut, supposed to be like farina, alas it’s not. I threw in some cinnamon, raisins and pumpkin seeds. Meh...

DDs doing online class. Just texted that they are not going to give midterms. They’re trying to figure out how this might effect the requirements for college credits I’ve already paid for. This whole thing is a nightmare. 

Today’s flylady mission is to declutter the MBrm dressers. Also clean out purse/car. I’m sure my purse has a bunch of old coupons in it that need tossing. Should actually run my car for a bit so it feels ‘used’.

We’ll do our usual 2 dog walks. Supposed to warm up to mid 60s today which will be nice.

Want to see if I can order some seeds to start a lettuce garden. Are nursery’s considered essential? I think Home Depot/Lowes are open. DH promised he’d make me another planting box. We shall see...

DH & I started a plank challenge yesterday. This should be fun. We did it without a timer yesterday but I’m guessing we didn’t even make 1 min. But today I’ll time us.

Taking salmon out of the freezer for dinner tonight.

friedchickn

Mar-27

Dd's school is allowing students to take classes pass/fail.  And while that sounds great...how is that gonna fly when dd applies to graduate or medical school.  You can't take those required classes pass/fail.  And while it seems like everyone will be accommodating now....I'm assuming that in 6 months or a year, everyone will be way less accommodating (aka forgotten completely).  Since dd currently has all A's...she is rolling the dice and going for the grades.

Funny you mention running the car.  Dh arranged for his mountain bike to go in for it's annual service.  He dragged it down from the overhead and loaded it into the truck.  Clicky clicky....yup dead battery.  So....it's been on the trickle charger overnight.  He's not pleased.

Good for you and the plank challenge!!!  I'm still at 2:15.  Next week I'll go to 2:30.  It's easier with distraction....funny pet videos, podcast, dinner discussions....LOL.

Do you have a small Ace Hardware or something like that....our small hardware had spring seeds in before this started.  They're considered essential in most states, for repairs, and although the phone order process is a bit time consuming and frustrating...they're willing and probably thankful for teh business.  Just a thought.

friedchickn

Mar-27

Have a call in to the kitchen designer.  We are supposed to meet at the duplex, yup it's gonna be a duplex, to go over what we need/want.  Standing 6 feet apart of course.

Local pastry/coffee shop which closed it's doors is trying to do make ahead orders.  So I'm gonna see what they are offering and place an order.  They make the best bagels and baguettes.

Time to put the screens back in....had most of the windows open yesterday....and the bugs were happy as clams.  Sigh. Dh pulled them down from teh overhead and now I'll put them in.  They're a bit fidgety and dh tends to be a bit ham fisted.

I've got a list of 6 dinner requests.  So I'm gonna make a grocery list and head on in.  Our little store has been pretty well stocked and pretty uncrowded the past week, according to posts.

Gonna throw together some veggie biscuits and bake a small batch of cookies.  Dinner will be a curried chicken pot pie.

Yesterday's laundry needs to be folded and put away.  Laundry room is dd's on the weekend.

Waiting for dd to eat breakfast, she just finished working out.  Then I'll do a kitchen clean.  Followed by yoga and my plank.

Workout later...probably after lunch. Piano...love my new piece.

Finished the house binder yesterday.  Cleaned out and reorganized.  Next project....A bin of old art supplies.

need to mend a dog toy, clean above the fridge and figure out a pot cover rack for the inside of a cabinet door.

Tonight....more Tiger King.  Cause that train wreck was fun to watch.  Oh and Zoom Happy hour!!!

scapermom

Mar-27

Saw the ad for that (tiger king) I may check that out tonight.
scapermom

Mar-27

I’ll check for the Ace Hardware - good idea. We don’t have one in this town, but it’s not far. Worse comes to worse I’ll see if I can order them online.