Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, March 30th - To Do

Started Mar-30 by scapermom; 157 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Mar-30

It’s Monday, so I’ll do House blessing. Already stripped the beds and have laundry going. I’ll eat something then get on with the tasks. 

Today’s Fly mission is a detailed vacuuming of the living room (it’s now our office). Don’t have one so I can either vacuum the family room or the office.

DH went in to work today. Going to make him spray himself with Lysol before entering the house. 

DDs doing online school. We’re paying attention to how the colleges she’s accepted to are handling all this. We’re going to need a plan A & plan B for committing to one. Is she better off doing an online school in the fall, taking a gap year, community college? Or does she commit and we pay all that $ for a half assed education? Things to think about.

Dog walk later. It’s just cloudy today and supposed to warm up.

I’ll do some sort of work out. Plank when DH is home later. He’s still the big winner - up to 1:15. He’s been doing push ups with DD too. I’m lucky if I can get past 40 seconds with the plank.

Might do a salsa chicken in the IP for dinner tonight. If I have the energy I’ll make some grain free tortillas. Leftovers for lunch. 

friedchickn

Mar-30

Ahhhh Monday.  Looking like we'll be on lockdown for the entire month of April.  I actually find some comfort in that.  Instead of day to day disappointment and confusion, it's just what it is for the next month.  Last week we slid into a mostly comfortable routine.  Now if the weather would cooperate we could keep it up.

Yesterday's Thanksgiving was delicious.  I have a giant container of white meat in the fridge.  A huge gallon size bag of dark meat in the freezer.  And the carcass is simmering away to make plenty of stock. (I also have a gross turkey pan to clean and a cooler to pack away...)

Waiting on dd to finish her workout and have breakfast and then I'll give the kitchen a once over.  Already started a load of laundry...dh's greasy/oily gear from chopping the tree up this weekend.  Might strip the bed and do linens...we shall see.

I never got to the toilets yesterday.  So I'll do those AND the sinks after my workout.

I'll get a quick yoga session in, do my plank and listen to my short podcast that I like.

Then it's bills, emails and mail to deal with.

Piano practice.

Today has been declared a leftover DAY.  So the burden of cooking is gone...which helps me a ton.  We are out of fridge space and containers...sooooo 

This week's projects: the bin of old art stuff, staining the shoe rack (assuming the weather cooperates) and painting the door frame at the ILs.  If I manage to get through ALL of that, I'll come up with more....LOL.

friedchickn

Mar-30

Full tuition for 1/2 the education....oh boy do I hear you there.  It'd be nice to know what the fall holds....are kids back to school? Are they still online? 

I could make a list of the things we are currently paying for that we can't touch or use or are getting 1/2 screwed on....I may never see the boat we bought this year.  

This just sucks.

On a positive note.....I'm happy that we CAN pay for things we can't see or use.  For now.  Hopefully.

scapermom

Mar-30

I’ve fallen off the pod cast bandwagon. Need to get back on it. Especially now.

scapermom

Mar-30

Kicking myself for not buying extra turkeys at Thanksgiving time. I usually do since the prices are lower, but this time I did not for some reason...

friedchickn

Mar-30

I find it hard to do with everyone home.  I suppose I should find my headphones...I only use them for jogging and I haven't been jogging since winter started.

friedchickn

Mar-30

My extra turkey was an accident....I needed a big boy and was afraid I'd only find smaller birds.  So I bought the biggest bird I could find on the first pass and then kept looking....

I really didn't think he would be all that useful...I mean dh and I can only eat so much.  And that's alot of work when not a lot of big meals are needed.  Now that I'm making dinners and casseroles all damn week long I need some cheap protein to toss in.

scapermom

Mar-30

So true! Even watching YouTube videos or doing a workout - it seems like I’ve got them hanging around behind me when I try for some ‘me’ time!

friedchickn

Mar-31

We've all become very vocal about "I need some alone time" and then closing a door.

As long as everyone understands....it's not them, it's the situation....hurt feelings are avoided.