Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Saturday, May 2nd - To Do

Started May-2 by scapermom; 87 views.
scapermom

May-2

What cha got this weekend?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

May-2

Stayed up longer than I wanted last night with DD who was lamenting over her college choices and feeling bad about 1 of the colleges that she is saying no to who’s deadline passed at midnight last night. She liked most everything about it except they didn’t have the major or concentration she wants. 

So slept in a bit this morning.

Now enjoying coffee and the sunshine. Then breakfast and kitchen cleanup.

Plan for the day is the regular stuff - laundry, dog walks, plank, arm workout, declutter and

Flylady Mission:

Want to get my garden going or growing. The garlic in my little bed looks good. Though the chocolate mint DD planted is taking over, so need to pull a bunch of that.  Should really get another bed going. Need to put a one together or just use pots that I have lying around. I’ve got some soil but maybe not enough.  Also need to fence things in. Sounds like a project. 

Still working on our puzzle. 

DH may be going back to work tomorrow, though he’s mentioned calling out for the week, we’ll see. I’ll prep like he’s going just in case. 

Took out beef & pork to make meatloaf for dinner. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

May-2

No Missions on the Weekend

friedchickn

May-2

Let's see....it's gorgeous out!!!!

Just finished feeding my sour dough starter and getting pretzel dough ready for later.  My first excursion into sour dough.....oh boy!!!

Opened mail...packages, etc. Got my new remarkable cover and it's PERFECT.  Already put it on and used it downstairs....it's exactly what I wanted.  Did a pile of receipts and paid a few more bills.  I need to move some money from dd's 529 to cover the reduction in her merit scholarship.  I am SOOOOOO pissed about that.

Dh went over to the ILs...did a round of drop offs and a round of pickups....sigh.  If the pretzels turn out good...I'll drop some off later.

Now dh and dd are off on a run.

When they get back....gonna start work on the cobblestone edge for the flower beds...or moving things around in the garage for the fridge delivery on Tuesday.

I have a load of laundry to put away.  A pair of dh's pants to mend.  A recipe to scan.  Some piano practice. And a goat cheese pickup.

Dinner....curry with homemade naan!!!  Pretty excited about trying that.

At some point this weekend, I need to come up with 3 or 4 meals for the week ahead.  I have a rough list, just need to finalize.

friedchickn

May-2

Sorry about dd....that's a hard choice even in the best of times.  What does she want for her major?

scapermom

May-2

It’s called something different in each of the colleges - Business of creative enterprises, Interactive, Emerging or New Media and arts & entertainment management in another... It’s under the communications umbrella I believe but what do I know? 

So we got an email this morning from one of the one’s that was a May 1st deadline saying they’ve pushed the date to June 1st. Guess they didn’t make their Quota? Hope they pony up with some $ now... that would really help sway her.

friedchickn

May-2

Seems smart of them....I mean if everyone is going to June why hold back.