Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sunday, May 10th - To Do

Started May-10 by scapermom; 85 views.
scapermom

May-10

Happy Mother’s Day tulipsunflower How are you spending it?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

May-10

Quiet morning. Today’s my ‘no chore’ day. Enjoying the solitude & coffee for the moment. Supposed to get a bit warmer at least. Looks like after Wednesday we’ll be golden for planting.

DH will be on breakfast/brunch duty. 

The plan is to go visit my inlaws later in their driveway around 3. My sister in law is planning on bringing coffee, pastries & pizza (none of which I can eat). I can have the coffee at least.

DH will be headed to the store to pick up some steaks to grill for us after the visit. We’re also out of wine. I’ve been able to drink the organic with no sulfites and be mostly fine after it.

He’s also scheduled to go back to work tomorrow. So I’ll make him (or show DD how to) some overnight oats tonight.

Did a quick inventory of what I have left in the freezer and it’s fairly slim. 1 lb of chicken breasts & 3 lbs of ground beef. New butcher box is expedited delivery sometime next week. Challenge accepted! 

friedchickn

May-10

DId you ever see the Saturday Night Live skit "Lowered Expectations"...it was about a dating service for the ugly and grotesque...but the premise has always stuck with me....sometimes you've just gotta lower your expectations to find happiness....LOL

Dd made me blueberry waffles and bacon.  Very thoughtful...very nice. It'd be nicer if she didn't need constant ohhhhing and ahhhing, turns a nicety into a big production.  Sigh.  She also got me a very nice set of grey linen placemats, they're beautiful....but handwash and iron.  Right.  OK.  

I haven't gone back down to look at the kitchen cause I have no doubt I'm not gonna be happy.  So up in my office I sit....played with my puzzle, now surfing the internet.  Might start a new book next.

Dh "volunteered" to do the cat litter...it just isn't that complicated....sigh.  I wish I'd done it yesterday cause he asked 100 questions....I'm sure I'm not gonna be happy with that either so I'll leave that discovery for tomorrow.

One of dd's chores is to do the dump run on the weekend so after dh finished the cat litter dd starts peppering me with questions about the trash cans....seriously? You're 20.  Don't you know where the #### trash cans are?

Ahhhhhhhh.  I just want to be left alone.  I'm on my last shredded fried nerve.

friedchickn

May-10

I see some meatless meals in your future.  Do you guys like tofu?

scapermom

May-10

I like tofu, but it doesn’t like me. Gives me Stomach pains.

I can do lentils at least. 

friedchickn

May-11

interesting.....that's what onions do to me.  I love the flavor they add....but boy do I suffer.  I've found a gas X fixes the problem