Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wednesday, May 13th - To Do

Started May-13 by scapermom; 72 views.
scapermom

May-13

List what ya got!

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

May-13

DD up n fed, off to remote classes. She’s got a meeting with guidance later that I may or may not attend.

Laundry’s going. May do a batch of hand washables later

Its Wednesday, so Ill do bills n file. May try swinging by the township to pay taxes. They have a drop box set up. Or I could just mail it.

Didnt get to get on to the ikea site to see if I can get those frakta bags. If I cant get there, Ill try amazon.

also want to try putting in a grocery shopping order. Walmart is like 5 days to a week out. But they dont carry half the stuff I need so i”d really like to get a slot at my regular place...ugh

Flylady Mission (kind of fits in with the above! TP is still scarce here. Dh bought a bargain brand Cos thats all they had last time): 

Your mission for today is to check the supplies that are needed in your bathroom. Do you need toilet paper, toothpaste, shampoo, mouthwash, soap etc. Add these to your shopping list this week. Take a visual inventory to make sure you have what you need so one of your family members are not stuck in the bathroom yelling for toilet paper, nothing says "I Love You" like plenty of toilet paper!
These things are so easy to forget until you are standing in the shower with no soap! Get a list ready for your next errand day. Have fun and don't obsess, just one babystep at a time! For the extra room today let us go into the garage and do a 27 fling boogie! Get a trash bag and find 27 pieces of trash. Use you timer and remember don't get sidetracked, you are looking for trash only! If you do not have a garage move this mission to a room that is not on the Zone list.

Got my butcher box delivery yesterday, so Ill pull out one of the pork cuts they sent and make it for dinner if it defrosts in time. If not Ill have leftovers. Was thinking to make some pasta for the family. 

P.s. my apostrophe and ampersand keys no longer work on my keyboard! 

friedchickn

May-13

Sometimes it's just something stuck under the key...like a seed or lint.  Can you pry the key off? Or get a can of air?  

Dh frequently has issues with his phone charge port cause he keeps his phone in his pocket.  He uses a toothpick to clean it out and I'm always shocked at how much comes out.

friedchickn

May-13

OK....yesterday was another successful day with the list.  I'm on a roll!!!!

Everyone has been fed.  I'm waiting til after lunch to run the dishwasher.

Dinner should be take-out....need to confirm with dh once he's not on a call.  Otherwise, I'll queue up one of the planned dinners.  Gonna spend some quality time in teh kitchen prepping ingredients...making homefries...and making some cookies.  

How did teh almond flour cookies turn out?

Bakery pickup is at noon.  I got bagels and ordered myself a chocolate croissant for an afternoon pick me up.  It's mine....all mine...actually I've been splitting the treats with dd.

Dd starts her MCAT course today.  12-3. She's gonna need a pick me up.

Workouts: ROMWOD, plank and crossfit.  Yesterday's workout sucked massively.  Tons of running and it was cold and windy.  I haven't looked yet and I'm hoping there is no running involved.

Cat litter and a dump run.

Fold and put away the laundry.

piano practice...time to pick a new piece.

Also need to make a run to walgreens...need more tampons and pads.  Since dd has been home my periods are back to awful, can it sense the extra hormones in the air?  WTF.  Also hoping to score TP, since last time they had plenty.

Today's random: walgreens challenge and cat claws.  

Had the most succcessful dog claw clipping I've ever had.  Let him stand and actually keep his foot on the ground for all but like 2 or 3 toes.  He wasn't thrilled but also wasn't a squirming ball of nope. The only other way to do them has been to wait til evening when he's down for the count and clip them while he's dozing...but by then I'm done too and not in the mood to wrestle with the dog.

scapermom

May-13

The Almond cookies came out Eh ok. Kind of like the ones you used to get in a Chinese restaurant? I made them keto friendly and used swerve (erythritol) to sweeten since I’m running out of coconut sugar (my usual go to). Recipe made 10small cookies, so they should be gone today. Only 3 ingredients - almond flour, sugar and baking powder. I added vanilla figuring there was no flavor besides sugar and almond? Oh and a few tbs Water to moisten them.

They are no where as good as the grandmas oatmeal cookies I made a week or so ago. Going to have to make them again soon. Those I used real sugar - white and brown. I hope I saved that recipe, should check my Pinterest.

scapermom

May-13

Good idea I will try those things. Its getting really annoying! There is probably dog hair in there!