Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thursday, May 14th - To Do

Started May-14 by scapermom; 94 views.
scapermom

May-14

What’s doing today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

May-14

Went to bed too late last night. Survivor finale. Wasn’t worth the lost sleep. 

Somewhat usual morning. DH dug into the overnight oats I prepped for him last night and DDs had her breakfast and started class. I’m the only hold out. May do a bike Or arm session before eating though.

laundry is going. Probably should put the mail out before they come around. 

Played around some with doing an online grocery orders yesterday. Need to see if I can get a slot today at one of the stores then pull the trigger. I really just need some pantry items to fill in. Maybe some frozen veggies to make life easy?  Either that or I should just prep veggies when I have time then reheat to eat?

Going to need to do a cell phone usage lesson with my mother in law over the phone... should be fun! Not... DH went there yesterday to do some yard work for them. He said Home Depot was a shit show in both our (curbside orders only) and their (Lines for miles) areas.

Have to give the dog her meds.

Still in search of the frakta bags. Apparently even though they are in stock they won’t deliver them to our area? Wtf?

Told DD I’d help her craft emails to her top 2 schools. She had a meeting with her guidance counselor yesterday who suggested she email them.  17 days left to make the decision (Though she wants to do it before the 27th so it can be noted in the yearbook).

The pork I took out yesterday will be dinner tonight. 

friedchickn

May-14

DD has been a salty bitch all week....sigh. Last night, NY announced its reopening strategy and the Capital region didn't make the cut.  No shock to me....but I guess dd was hoping they'd start reopening so she could start lobbying to go back. Dh is adamant that the state (or at least the region) be reopened before he'll entertain sending her 5 hours away without any resources...and I can't blame him.  We just had to friggin rescue his parents and that was 3 hours away...can we NOT do that again.  I feel a talkin' to is coming soon....and it's not gonna be pretty.

In stark contrast....the boat gets delivered to the marina today!!!!  So excited.  As the boat was our original plan to enjoy the summer.  So dh and I are meeting the truck at the marina this afternoon...and salty wasn't invited.

Rest day....no crossfit.  I'll do a romwod and a plank to keep things flexible.  DD already went for a run and is currently enjoying a cheddar black pepper bagel.  I'll clean up teh kitchen and get dinner prepped for the crockpot when she's done.  It's a tuscan chicken thing...glad I queued up a crockpot recipe.

Placed next week's bakery order.  More bagels since we are already down 3.  Raspberry sconces for my pickup treat.  And pepitas from their grocery collection.  Those should be a fun new ingredient to toss in things.

new piano piece is challenging....eek.

And that's about it...all the excitement that's fit to print.

friedchickn

May-14

The ILs decided to get new phones since the new tracphones they bought won't let them set up voicemail.  They buy a new burner phone like once a month....seriously, this is crazy, right?

So instead of getting the phone dh recommended, ya know the one that he could help them with in all aspects, they bought the cheapest piece of #### Samsung smart phone.  It's bad.  It's real bad.  It feels like it's going to fall apart and the clarity on the screen is really fuzzy.  

And...shocker....they are having trouble setting it up and want dh to help.

Lord help us all....

scapermom

May-14

Yeah, one of DDs schools is in the FIngerlakes region so I’ve been following that. I believe they’ve opened or are starting to open the area. But the school hasn’t made any announcements yet... Ps it’s around a 4 hour drive there for us and that’s something that is weighing on me (besides the price).

friedchickn

May-14

The 5 hour drive is a pleasant back country highway drive for us. It can be challenging in the winter. But it’s a nice trip.

I’m not a huge fan of there and back trips to her school. But I love the Marriott downtown and Dh has endless points to book with so that’s not an issue.

But....with covid???  Would an emergency require down and back? Or worse....me sleeping on her couch???  Noooo. Lol

And she’s just not getting the fact that everything is a struggle right now from TP to ground beef to urgent care or Uber???

scapermom

May-15

Definitely a lot to consider! Imagine making the college decision now in this. I think we’re down to 3. One (with the favorite program/major) is the 4 hour drive & expensive. #2 also expensive in NYC w great program but most likely to be online in the fall (at least) and #3 local academically meh but gave most $$$, potential for them to go out of business while she’s there.

friedchickn

May-15

I cannot even begin to comprehend choosing a future right now....dd is basically twirling in circles trying to figure things out and it's not pretty.

She got a leaked email from an athletic director to another coach from a friend of hers that's on the soccer team....RPI plans on bringing Freshman and Seniors back on campus.  Juniors on campus in the fall, online in the spring.  Sophomores online in the fall, on campus in the spring.  Only 2 to a dorm room...yes there are rooms that have 3 or 4 or 8.  Only 24 kids to any given class.  All big lectures will remain online.

scapermom

May-15

Oh jeeze! I’ve been hearing of “Hybrid” plans but nothing spelled out yet. I heard only 1 to a dorm in one school but couldn’t fathom how they would do that. But if there are only 2 grades there at a time I guess that’s possible? But so crazy for the kids! Talk about needing to be flexible...

DDs meeting with an admissions counselor from ithaca today to see if she can spell out their plan (and other ?s). But that’s a big part of it especially being so far away.