Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, May 18th - To Do

Started May-18 by scapermom; 105 views.
scapermom

May-18

List what ya got!

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

May-18

Monday! Have house blessing to do. First I want to spend a few minutes on the stationary bike. Then Ill start the tasks (after breakfast). 

Today’s Flylady mission (feel like we just did this one, so not much to do here for me besides vacuum): This week we are in the Master Bedroom, today I want you to spend 15 minutes under your bed! Take this time to get the things out from under the bed that you have shoved under there during a mad stash and dash through the house.15 minutes might not be enough, but for today just try to put a dent in the stuff that you have put there. Things that just don't belong. If you don't have anything under your bed, then grab a vacuum cleaner or broom and get the dust bunnies that have been multiplying under there.

Already started laundry - 1st load - looking like it’ll be a 2 fer day. Also put in an amazon order for the frakta bags. IKEA site is weird. 

Ill take a ride to the township and make use of their drop box later.

Have to check on coffee order. I didnt get my usual in this last shipment.

Also want to check if they charged me for the chicken I didnt get on my grocery order. No receipt with it or anything emailed to me. Walmart was better on this end. They also informed me ahead of time what was in the final order. Peapod nada.

Didnt get to making the bone broth yesterday, so Ill do it today.

DH is back to work today. One down!

DD’s getting closer to a decision. Looking like the 4-5 hour away college is in the lead... any tips for dealing with the distance from another mother of One Only? DH already started looking for properties up there. Maybe Ill get that lakehouse after all? 

I didn’t use all the chicken yesterday so I think Ill do a stir fry with the rest today.

friedchickn

May-18

The weekend was just crazy.  So...time to just get back to it...

Already been over to the ILs...they were having issues with the tv...dh "fixed" it....and they have ants, so I just ordered more ant stakes and I'll take mine over tomorrow and get that settled.

Stopped at a farm stand and picked up some fiddleheads.  So excited!!!  

And now it's 11 and I feel like I've gotten nothing done yet....gonna be a long day at this rate.

Need to romwod, plank and workout.  Practice piano....of which I've done nothing.

It's monday.  So bills, emails and receipts.  

Keeping dinner simple tonight....broccoli cheese soup, gonna throw in some shredded chicken so my meat eaters don't revolt.  I've got home made rolls to just pop in the oven to make them extra happy.

Need to place my food coop order.

laundry

dog claws

When is this going to be over???????

friedchickn

May-18

hmmmm....tips....

Get her an authorized user card for one of your credit cards.  This works great for problems..."put it on your dad's card" or rewards..."congrats, why don't you go get ice cream on your dad and I".

When she gets a bank account there...set it up so you can transfer money back and forth.  You'll have to set it up on your end and she'll have to set it up on her end.  It can take up to a week...  Cause sometimes the credit card doesn't solve the problem.

Does she have an uber or lyft account?  Noone wants to wait for a bus when they're sick and need to go pickup a prescription.

scapermom

May-18

Thanks for the pro tips!
friedchickn

May-18

Oh I’m not a pro....by any means. It’s just stuff that has really come in handy.