Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wednesday, May 20th - To Do

Started May-20 by scapermom; 114 views.
scapermom

May-20

What's doing today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

May-20

Late again... spent most of the morning watching videos on taking care of orchids. I have one that needs lots of TLC. End result, I need to order some potting media and repot it then see what happens. I found a whole kit With all thats needed on etsy. 

Also put up a load of wash. Time to move it to the dryer soon.

Ill spend some time on the bike. Can’t walk the dog Since my toe that I smashed last week still hurts when I walk too much on it. Ive taped it to the one next to it which helps a bit. It’s also black and blue but not swollen so I’m thinking bruised but not broken?

Also will do arm weight workout with DD later and maybe some old school floor exercises.

Lots of emails to go through. Also Wednesday so Ill do bills and file. 

Chicken thighs in the oven for dinner. 

Flylady mission(really feel like I just did this! Nothing todo here I dust when I change the sheets): 

It is anti-procrastination day and we are going to clean off the nightstands! Get the tissues, cups and stuff that has piled up, toss and put away. The grab a feather duster or dust rag and dust the surface. Place a pretty candle or picture there. Something that is new to that spot that you love to see.
Waking up and not seeing a pile of things on the nightstand and a pile of clothes will make your morning a little brighter!
friedchickn

May-20

I dust too when I change the sheets....I use the dirty linens and wipe down the bed, nightstands and ceiling fan...

friedchickn

May-20

I'm trying to schedule more relaxation in my day.  That sounds backasswards doesn't it?  But otherwise I just don't rest.

Had coffee with my friend this morning.  It was nice.  Real nice.

Plumber is here fidgeting with the AC...something about charging and bleeding and testing oh my.  He's at one of the construction houses today so he said he'd be in and out all day checking on things.  Doesn't bother me...Tyler is nice and I've trusted him in here alone before so....

Last night's dinner left no leftovers....so it's curried chicken salad again.  Making a sourdough pizza dough and gonna use up the fiddleheads on a garlicy alfredo base.

Piano practice.  Sooner rather than later....cause dd has class 12-3 and 7-10.

Crossfit, romwod and a plank...probably in that 12-3 window since dd will be busy and dh will be on calls.

Cat litter...maybe a dump run.  Maybe not.

need to pickup my bakery order at noon.

Today's random tasks: sweep the stone patio and finish painting the new pot for teh christmas cactus.

scapermom

May-20

Did you do a virtual coffee chat over zoom or a distanced get together? I really need one or the other of those. Going to try organizing it.

friedchickn

May-20

We met at the coffee shop and sat outside...reasonably distant but probably not 6 feet.

Our county has only had 17 cases total.  14 recovered, 2 dead and the one remaining dude is still in the hospital...and our county is pretty large (space wise....clearly not people wise).

All that means ... I'm not really concerned that my friend, who also goes nowhere, has it.

scapermom

May-21

Wow that's great about only having 17 cases! I was happy that we only had 71 cases 2 days ago in our county, then yesterday it went to 78. disappointedSo not out of the woods yet here and pretty much all things (except groceries) are closed except for grab and go or curbside pickup.