Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, June 1st - To Do

Started Jun-1 by scapermom; 137 views.
friedchickn

Jun-1

Which school did dd decide on????

friedchickn

Jun-1

2 days back to back on the boat makes for 1 long exhausting list of things to clean and catch-up on....so this will probably be a painfully long day.

First up....bills, receipts and emails....which I use as a remote to do list....so that should make matters worse.  LOL.

By then dd should be done working out.  I'll get her fed, feed myself and then clean the kitchen up.  Lunch is leftovers.  Dinner is the creamy pasta with turkey that I keep kicking down the meal plan.  Time to just clear it out.  LOL.  Have to take turkey out of the freezer for that.

I have to swing by the farmer's market, I have the code to get in, to pick up my cilantro.  While I'm out that way, I'll grab some eggs from a local farm.

Both fridges are a nightmare...but that's probably gonna have to wait til tomorrow.

Workout, romwod and my yoga lady restarted the squat challenge.

Laundry....with a capital L.  

Dog claws.

piano practice

After dinner, I think I will guilt dh into starting to clean out the barn side at the ILs....maybe just an hour.  I have 2 weeks til the framers show and it needs to be empty.  My ILs have been storing stuff, on top of the stuff we had stored (despite my repeated efforts to ask them not to).  I was gonna start on it last week while dh had some free time...but it was hot as hades....so that was a no.

Random....sweep the stairs, clean-up the massive mess from the boat (there is just a pile in the garage), need to setup a repeating transfer for dd's rent.

Oh and the dehumidfier has decided to die.....so that.

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Jun-1

Could not sleep last night...maybe got 3 hours? Kept waking up. Ugh!

Its monday so ill do as much of the house blessing as I have energy for. Dog is shedding clumps at this point so vacuuming is high priority.

Flylady mission: 

Do 10 mins on the bike, arm workout. Dog walk later if I’m awake.

DD made her decision - drum roll... its the small liberal arts college about an hour away in state that gave her the most $. Not one of the colleges she applied to checked all the boxes, so this seemed like the most logical choice especially with all thats going on now. Her plan is for graduate school in NYC. 

DH went to the italian grocery yesterday and bought like 7 different kinds of sausage. We ate some last night (The skinny pork) and Ill make the rest tonight. I made the pork loin I defrosted in the instant pot so we can have that for lunches. 

In reply toRe: msg 4
scapermom

Jun-1

Forgot the flylady mission: We are in Zone 1 this week; that is the Front Porch, the Entrance area, and the Dining Room. Today I want you to spend 15 minutes getting rid of anything that does not belong on your porch or front entrance way. Things that have gotten thrown in a corner, along the wall, or even on the floor. The things that you almost don't even see because they have just become part of the space, get it out! If it does not belong there, then out it goes!This does not mean that you have to spend three hours in your porch, do what you can do for 15 minutes.

scapermom

Jun-1

See my list... 

friedchickn

Jun-1

Congrats to dd!!!!

Now you can focus on the how and when?  Crazy times we're living in....

One of our boat neighbors is the head of security at Bowdoin....they said they are deciding by the 15th if they are going back August 1st????  He's not pleased....cause he'll lose a month of his summer.

friedchickn

Jun-1

This is a good one....

scapermom

Jun-2

Hold the phone! DD recscinded the first committment and switched to Ithaca yesterday! After sleeping on it she said she would regret not going there... 

They said they are starting Oct 5th. And not doing the breaks. We shall see because it may be a whole new ballgame now with all these people gathering for protests/riots.

friedchickn

Jun-2

wow...starting Oct 5th.  That's a new one.  And yeah...the large gatherings aren't helping anything....at least Ithaca is pretty tame.  The surrounding town/city is a bit of a dump but the campus is gorgeous.

Did you guys get to visit?