Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, July 7th - To Do

Started Jul-7 by scapermom; 149 views.
scapermom

Jul-7

What’s on today’s To Do?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Jul-7

DH is off at his parents taking his dad for a blood test then making them breakfast. His mom isn’t up to errands yet so he’ll do some for them as well. I think going out shopping is what gave her the pneumonia to begin with. Though don’t know if that’s something you catch or it develops from something else. We all saw her just days before she came down with it and she seemed fine. 

Ok on to today for me... dog’s been out & fed, laundry’s started. 

Couple of family birthday’s today that i need to acknowledge either on FB or text. 

Leftovers from yesterday’s list are calling vet and texting for hair appointment. 

I got a delivery slot for Sunday for groceries (Free if I reach a certain amount) so I’ll continue Building my list. Trying to make a 3 month food storage pantry as well in case this happens again in the fall. Waiting for single digits in the county cases before getting back out there though. Will that ever come?

Exepecting some dorm deliveries. Need to check my list and see what she still needs. Looking like the kids may be on their own for moving in. Don’t even want to think what that will look like. We’ll know more in the17th supposedly. 

Thinking meatballs and pasta for dinner tonight. I have some gluten free left. Should probably order more.

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

Jul-7

Zone 2: Mission #2 Tuesday
Dear Friends, Today is Anti-Procrastination Day and we are still in the kitchen!Your mission for today is to grab a trash bag and clean out your refrigerator. You are to toss ANYTHING that will not get eaten any time soon. This means that new salad dressing you decided to try but really don't like. It is time to let it go. Just as the rule applies to the rest of the house. If you don't love or use it, lose it! Get rid of the fruit that is a few days beyond when it was really edible, get rid of the veggies that are turning into a science project. Check the dates on the cheeses that are potential science project.You will be able to really make a better grocery list when your fridge is cleaned out of all the items you don't like and or don't use!
In reply toRe: msg 3
scapermom

Jul-7

P.s. I made refrigerator pickles and they were a hit. Will make more today. Just need to clean some wide mouth mason jars. Need more of them too.

friedchickn

Jul-7

I love refrigerator pickles....

friedchickn

Jul-7

Slept ok....stomach is wicked off....and had me up a few times, but no more than my usual spotty sleep.

Today's list is pretty long....ughhhh.

Top priority...floors.  All of them.  Gonna start at the top and work my way down....between conference calls and classes.

Had to stop payment on a check from March to correct dh's commission....sigh...so today I have to send a new check to a new address.  Not thrilled.  Like I need one more task.

Workout at 1.  Romwod at some point.  I'll throw in a 1 min plank. And piano practice.

I have no idea if I have what I need to make the dinners on my list....so I need to sort that out.  My fridge is a disaster so flylady's mission is spot on.

One more load of laundry.

dog claws.

I have 2 bags of garlic scapes that need to be turned into pesto...and maybe a walgreens run, although it can get pushed til tomorrow.

friedchickn

Jul-7

Did you see Harvard is going all online this fall.....

scapermom

Jul-7

Yes! Rutgers too. Sigh

scapermom

Jul-7

I have been using garlic scapes for the first time in my life this year. I had thrown a bunch of garlic in my little veggie patch and it’s done really well and now I have the scapes. I’ve been cutting it up & adding it to everything. How do you make pesto with it? 

friedchickn

Jul-7

Same way you use basil....equal parts scape and parm and a little olive oil to blend in a chopper.  It freezes amazingly well.