Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Saturday, July 18th - To Do

Started Jul-18 by scapermom; 91 views.
scapermom

Jul-18

Any list for today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Jul-18

Heat wave today & tomorrow. So going to stay in & take it easy. 

Have some things I can do online and laundry of course. Also will do an arm workout and plank. Gonna do an early dog walk in a minute before it heats up even more. 

Also refine my stock up grocery list. 

Got DDs move in email yesterday. Freshmen going in 2nd phase which is Labor Day weekend. Only problem is they can only take 2 suitcases and a back pack (WTF?!) and have to move themselves in. The bedding alone will take up more than one suitcase! We can mail things but that’s an added expense that I don’t feel we should need to pay for. We are driving them there, so why can’t we take the stuff? So they make several trips by themselves. I think it has something to do with testing them prior to letting them move in. But I’m getting more livid as time passes about it. 

Have a bunch of chicken thighs DH can grill for dinner. Wanted to make a batch of the Atkins turbo soup too so I can have it through the week. But don’t have enough broth. So may make a vat of bone broth first in the IP.

friedchickn

Jul-20

Personally I’d drive up with all her stuff and wait til dark and have her come grab it from the car. I get minimizing contact but that’s pretty dumb. 

scapermom

Jul-20

Yeah That’s a good idea! I’m already seeing shades of parent rebellion in the FB group. Lol Lots of talk of staying overnight in a hotel and bringing stuff the next day. Then taking kids out to lunch if they can. 

Because really, even just the necessities. How would they fit in 2 suitcases & a backpack? Bedding, lamp, fan, Keurig? Going to have to play around and see if they fit in a frakta. Then the other can be her clothes & toiletries? But then how is my 100 pound DD lugging 2 stuffed frakta s and a backpack to her room? Room mate not around to help either Since they move in separate days. Just insanity. I heard Cornell is doing the same thing too. 

friedchickn

Jul-20

Maybe they want them traveling light cause they know they’ll be sending them home sooner than expected. It was quite a #### trying to get some dorms packed after this broke out. I think some people are still waiting to retrieve belongings 

scapermom

Jul-21

If I’m reading the school website FAQ page correctly it looks like they want them moving everything out at Thanksgiving!? So if I space bag stuff for her here, how’s that going to work with her for move out? Have to see if there are vacuums available (I’m sure they are disgusting tho)