Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, August 3rd - To Do

Started Aug-3 by scapermom; 130 views.
scapermom

Aug-3

What’s on today’s list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Aug-3

Monday = house bless day (Supposed to only take an hour, but I kind of spread it out during the day unless I happen to catch the flylady livestream On facebook where she makes it a game)

This month’s habit is a load Of laundry a day - already got that Down thankfully.

Dogs been taken care of. Already too hot to walk her. Maybe after dinner?

Need to batten down everything outside to get ready for tomorrow’s winds/storm/whatever. Thing looks nasty. Also remind DH to get gas for the generator.

should continue scanning barcodes into my new pantry APP

later promised DD I’d go through the registration modules with her. The school is making them register before orientation or meeting with an advisor - which makes no sense...

also want to see about renting the micro fridge. Tho again, she won’t have a room mate To split it with, or room assignment To put it in, til the 10th. They’re also shutting down at thanksgiving and she’s supposed to take it all home so will she have the same room, or any room at all for spring? But don’t want to take the chance of getting shut out. If she goes and gets stuck in the room a lot want her to have some comforts.

Really wish the school would just call it all online at this point and make it easy for us. The whole thing is like a chess game - what’s the right move?

Took out chicken breast for an easy stir fry for dinner tonight.

friedchickn

Aug-3

Why are Monday's so damn chaotic now????

Got a text this morning that they're gonna pull the boats on the end slips for the incoming storm...those are all big girls and typically take a bigger beating with waves and such.  Sounds great....except I have food in the fridge and should probably remove all the liquor bottles....or at least store them on the floor so they don't break.  So we will be headed up there this afternoon to take care of that.  Sent a text to our dock neighbors....so I might be cleaning out some other fridges too.  Noone anticipated them pulling the boats.

Went and got my goat milk, yogurt and cheese from the farm this morning.  Took dh and we got to play with the baby goats.  Dh has such a thing for goats....it's hilarious.  And no.....we will not be getting goats.

On the way home....got a text that the lock sets are in...so I just picked those up.  I'll swing by tonight and put my ILs in....they currently have no lock on the new side door.  Thank goodness we live in a low crime town.

So....I started laundry and emptied the dishwasher.  Stripped the bed.  I won't be able to get to the sheets today, so I'll just put my other set on.

Workout at 1.  Dh has a call at 2.  Then we'll head to the boat to pack her up.  

At some point....cat litter, bills, receipts and emails, piano....

need to call the lawyer about my lease?

need to call the spa about the overcharge?

Need to install the lockset?

need more hours in the day....

friedchickn

Aug-3

I wish they'd just call it too....the latest DIRECTIVE from the school announced that students could only live in apartments with 2 people at most.  Including off campus non-school apartments.  Um, what?  Dd has a triple.  So what now....

And while we started to think about housing her in the old half of teh duplex after the grandparents move over....now I may have a renter starting Oct 1st.  And well....I'd rather have the rent money.

I just want someone to make up their #### mind already

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

Aug-3

Zone 1 Mission #1 Monday
Dear Friends: Today is the day that you will spend 15 minutes in the entrance way of your home. Grab all the mail, shoes and jackets and put them away! I am always so surprised at how much stuff seems to accumulate in that one area! This is one area that when you tackle it and you are finished that you feel such a huge accomplishment because it is what you see first as you come through the door.
Set your timer and .......... GO!
scapermom

Aug-3

Guess they are thinking better safe than sorry? Thought you guys would be safe from the storm up there. It’s looking like it’s tracking more inland - at least when it hits NJ. They are saying we will get high sustained winds here - which doesn’t bode well for keeping trees & electricity. The worst part is the storm surge high tide, full moon, and storm = flooding. We shall see!

Goats freak me out - I think it’s the eyes...

scapermom

Aug-3

How can they have any jurisdiction over off campus housing? But they’ve made similar edicts over the on campus apartments at DDs schools. The 3rd roommate had to find other accommodations. But first they had to figure who they were... not fun at all. 

NJ seems to be going in the wrong direction again, and if we go on Como’s list, then she’s out according to the schools rules. For now I’m sticking with the strategy that depends on how many classes are face to face. We should know by the 5th when she chooses classes (I think).

friedchickn

Aug-3

Supposed to get tons of rain and 55 mph gusts.  It really only takes one line to snap for a #### show to happen on the docks.  The boats are basically all in there like sardines so there's no where for a wild boat to flail.

When we were getting insurance, our limit was set to $500K (property damage....not our boat) and the marina said to get a minimum of $1M....and that it adds up real quick where we are docked.  OHHHHHHH.

friedchickn

Aug-3

Well....so they can't, but they can.  I suppose it's just like them telling students in certain states they have to be online instead of on campus.

The whole thing is absurd.....cause you know that a couple weeks in they're gonna have an outbreak and then what?  My kid is online?  Great....just pull the trigger now so we can make decent plans instead of scramble at the last minute with money flying out every possible crevice!!!!  GRRRRRRRR