Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, August 18th - To Do

Started Aug-18 by scapermom; 172 views.
scapermom

Aug-18

What’s on that list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Aug-18

For starters everything I didn’t get to yesterday... This includes vacuuming and some dusting. Also quick mop the kitchen floor. 

Also didn’t get to figure out the tuition payment plan. I know I signed up for it. You’d think I’d get some sort of reminder email? Apparently from what I can gather from the parent page, bills are not complete so you can’t figure your payment amounts correctly. So now I need to do a 4 month instead of 5 month installment plan. So I have to wait until September. Which actually makes more sense anyway. I think.

We also didn’t get much done on the room clean-out project. I may have some resources for donating all the stuff that’s in there tho. Have to follow up. That’s key.

Want to make an order for school swag for all of us so we can feel some school spirit here. I’ll need everyone’s input on that. Apparently none of DD’s classes have books listed. I’m imagining an order will need to be placed soon to get them for class start?

No veggie delivery tonight so I may have to go out to a store for fill in until next week. I’ll make a list today of that. 

Lets not forget the regular stuff like kitchen clean up, laundry, dog walk. Also should clean the dog bowls.

Tonight we’ll make a dent in the chicken chili. Whatever’s left will be portioned and frozen.

friedchickn

Aug-18

"For starters everything I didn’t get to yesterday... "....I feel like that is how I should start most days....LOL

Dd has great success renting books from Amazon....

scapermom

Aug-18

DDs school just ‘called it’ all remote for fall...

friedchickn

Aug-18

It was lightly raining this morning....so no picking at the farm.  I don't understand why you can't pick while it's raining...but it is what it is.

The ladies I pick with, and I, went for coffee instead.

Dropped off my empty plant pots at the library and lo and behold....they had leftovers from the plant sale.  May have filled the back of my car with Iris' and tossed a $20 in the book slot cause I felt guilty they were free.  LOL.  Dropped off a couple of yellows at my MILs.

So now I'm home and looking at today's list....ugghhh

Romwod and a gym workout.  Plank.  Piano practice.

walgreens challenge

dog claws and bowls

and I'd like pasta for dinner....so I need to figure that out.

Looks light on paper which means I'm probably forgetting something important.

Oh....I guess I should plant all those iris'

friedchickn

Aug-18

Ugghhhh.  Did you see UNC?  1 week....they lasted 1 freakin week.

In reply toRe: msg 4
scapermom

Aug-18

Thanks for the tip. I’ve bought some books over the years for her through amazon for middle school when they were too heavy to carry back & forth. Forgot about it!

scapermom

Aug-18

Watched late night tv last night & saw  Jamie Oliver Prepare a very different lasagne That I’d love to try (with gluten free noodles) it included eggplant - he basically steamed it in a cup of water with onions then when it was soft added tomatoes and lots of herbs mostly sage and something else. No ricotta or mozzarella. I think it was cheddar and parmesaean. He kind of just tossed cooked & cut lasagna noodles in there at the end and baked it with the cheese. Goin from memory. Need to look it up for ingredients.

scapermom

Aug-18

Yeah! I figure it’s because of them (Are there others?) that IC decided to call it. Though apparently they really didn’t have much of a covid plan at UNC - didn’t test incoming and no follow up. 

friedchickn

Aug-18

Yup....wicked easy to return and they're great about mishaps.