Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wednesday, August 19th - To Do

Started Aug-19 by scapermom; 104 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Aug-19

Rainy day today. Have the usual this morning - laundry, kitchen, dog

DH has to take his mom for doctor appointment later this morning. Probably some errands as well.

Libraries finally opened up here. Thinking of going for a bit.

continue with project room clean out. DD isn’t as into it as I thought she’d be. She’s got some modules to complete for school that are taking up her time.

there’s a student gathering zoom call tonight that I may listen in on.

i need a new Netflix or amazon show to watch. 

Do i continue with dorm buying or put it on hold? Will things I need be available in December? Think I’ll at least do an inventory. It’s been a buying frenzy.

Not sure about dinner tonight. 

friedchickn

Aug-19

Personally I'd hold off on buying anything for the dorm.  There's no telling if they'll decide to let them back for spring semester either...

friedchickn

Aug-19

Dh is getting on my last nerve....sigh.  I seriously need some more coping strategies or this is going to be a very long winter.

I've got a little kitchen cleanup to do...i'll wait til after lunch.  LOL.

Today's workout, romwod and a plank

piano practice

dump run.....  Dh has been "helping"....aka, yesterday he randomly did the cat litter.  Um....ok.  I did it Monday and I do it Friday.  You saved me exactly NOTHING.  And....he doesn't sweep the floor, clean the food and water bowls and refill them.  So I still have to go back and finish.  Please stop.

I do need to take that dehumidifier to the dump...now that's where I could use dh's assistance.

Sour dough starter needs feeding.  Last week I made up some quick biscuits with the discard...think I'll do that again.

walgreens challenge.  They updated the app and now my fitbit isn't connecting.  sigh.

Need to take my iron pill....I've had a few really bad period months and I'm concerned my counts are dropping so I'm preemptively taking 1 a week.

And I never got to the dog claws yesterday...as usual.  I mean....I just don't wanna.

Dd is here working out.  Her car is getting an oil change....so I'll probably need to go help her pick it up at some point.

And dh is mowing the lawn.....huh.

Oh....I need to locate my plant stakes and name my new plants outside.

scapermom

Aug-19

Forgot mission - more good ones:

Zone 3: Mission #3 Wednesday
Bathroom Mission:Today you are to wash your bathroom rugs, shower curtains and accessories.
This will take longer than 15 minutes and for those of you that are working outside the home you may have to schedule this out over the next few days. In total to take the rugs to the machine and bring them back to the bathroom is less than 15 minutes but the wait time for the washing machine and dryer will take up some time.
Guest/Extra Room:Back in we go - can we say 27 Fling again? This time we are going to gather up 27 things to give away. Things that have gotten tossed in this room that we no longer love, need or use. After you have completed this take the bag straight to the car to drop off at a donation location of your
choice.
scapermom

Aug-19

Oy! You’re right! Do you know if they have like clearance sales when the season is over on that stuff? Or is it just so decimated there won’t be anything left? 

Also need to see what we have in stock for school supplies then go shopping for that stuff if she needs anything. So far no books listed for any of her classes. It’s all so weird!

scapermom

Aug-19

They mean well (the DHs) but yeah, more times than not get it wrong. Mine did that to me last week with the recyclables and somethingelese that I’veapparently blocked and can’t think of now.

friedchickn

Aug-19

They do. They usually go on clearance right after school starts back up.  That's when I've always bought stuff....I hate paying full price.  Especially for something I know the kid is gonna trash