Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, September 4th - To Do

Started Sep-4 by scapermom; 112 views.
scapermom

Sep-4

What’s on the list today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Sep-4

Can’t believe it’s friday already, again... The days fly!

Focus will be on getting the room ready & done for dd today & this weekend. I’ve got DH today & tomorrow to do the heavy lifting. My sister is taking a picture of my mom’s desk and sending it at some point so dd can decide if she wants that or we have to find & buy one for her instead.

also need to pay that tuition bill. I think I have all the info I need and things in the right place...

i should do a couple of keep in touch calls.

have been getting close to 10K steps but not reaching. Last nights walk got cut short by the rain or I would hae made it. Think I’m going to drag DD with me to a local park for some Change of scenery today. Also arm workout tbd.

no idea about dinner. Need someone else to decide. 

friedchickn

Sep-4

That's great on the 10,000 steps....I've been struggling to get 6000 and it's not fair....I can't wear the fitbit when I workout and I know I'm missing out.

Last night I had to circle the livingroom til I hit 6000.....dh was in hysterics.

friedchickn

Sep-4

How is it Friday already and how is it almost 1 already?????  I need a week just to catch up on everything...lol.  I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Made a boatload of bacon early this morning. Then dh and I ran over to the hardware store to pick out paint colors for the duplex.  Paid the contractor.  Made a southwestern chicken pasta salad and cookies.  Worked out. Showered.  Cleaned the kitchen and have the dishwasher running now that everyone had lunch....

Need to schedule a septic pumpout...I have a message in.

Cat litter

Pickup my library book that came in yesterday.  I'll do that on my way to the farmer's market...working as a produce weigher....yeah me.

I'm all packed...I think.  So in theory I should be able to just come home and get in the damn car....

Next week looks horrendous.....like just horrendous....

scapermom

Sep-4

Lol I’ve been known to do the in place run to get the steps up. Or marching when doing something where I’m standing still like brushing my teeth. 

I figured out if I do 2 dog walks around the hood (20 min walk est.) and then maybe a 15 minute walk at home Or something like it I reach the 10k. 

Why cant you wear it when you work out? 

friedchickn

Sep-4

It's on my wrist and I find that most of the crossfit movements require some sort of wrist action...so it gets in the way or I'm worried it'll get crushed.  I take all my jewelry off to workout...even at yoga.

I was doing great with 10,000 steps when we weren't going to teh boat.  But now that my "work week" is compressed to 5 days from 7 (4.5 if dh has his way)...I just can't fit in any long walks...

scapermom

Sep-4

You just have to do laps on the boat! Lol 

friedchickn

Sep-4

LOL.  I don't wear it on the boat.....you don't carry electronics on a dock....that's asking for a new iphone.

I do joke with dh that I get most of my exercise walking up and down teh dock to either go get something from the clubhouse or get myself a new drink from teh boat...I should get credit for that!!!!

scapermom

Sep-4

Forgot today’s mission! My dining room is a complete disaster at the moment. It’s where I’ve been stashing everything from the room we are cleaning out for DD.

Zone 1 Mission #4 Friday
Dear Friends: We are in the Dining Room today and I want you to take 15 minutes to clear off some of the things that have begun to pile up on the table. You know those things that you move so you can set the table at night for dinner but then put back. Set your timer and see how much you can get put away. Enjoy when you set the table tonight that you don't have to move those piles around just to eat dinner. 
Have fun with this, put on some fun music and FLY!