Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, October 9th - To Do

Started Oct-9 by scapermom; 176 views.
scapermom

Oct-9

What’s happening today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-9

Morning routine underway. Dog delt with, laundry going, kitchen tbd once everyone’s up & fed (DD has late class today, so she’ll be on her own).

Leftovers from yesterday, fly-mission, make dentist appointment for me (only did DD’s), a few remaining financial tasks & Kohls.

Want to finish going through the box of papers on the dining room table. 

Dog walk and yoga

Lunch - leftovers 

Dinner - take out from our fave bbq joint (its not the same but at least I don’t have to cook) 

friedchickn

Oct-9

Oh I woke up feeling like hammered ####.  I have a wicked headache and after swallowing a fistful of ibuprofen....a nasty sour nauseous stomach.  ARRRGGHHHH.  I just powered through a cup of coffee and a peanut butter covered bagel.  I now the caffeine will help with the headache, the bread with the sour stomach and the fat from the peanut butter will help settle things down a bit too.  But man....it was HARD....bite, chew, swallow, rinse, repeat...

Dh left early to go replace the toilet at my FILs....sigh.  FIL is a chronic toilet clogger....like 1-2x a week...I #### you not, no pun intended.  Apparently he plunged it so hard it came loose from the wax ring and was leaking...on the second floor (just for an added bonus).  So...dh was pissy and frustrated and was having a hard time getting the bolts off and yup....cracked the friggin bowl with a wrench.  Good job.  Sigh.  So last night he drove 3 hours round trip to the nearest store to get a toilet and this morning he went over to replace it.  Last night at dinner he starts complaining about it....and I shut him down completely...."A) these are YOUR aging parents and B) maybe you should have taken a breath and calmed down before manhandling the #### out of it.  Your ruining my dinner"....sigh

So....once I'm not at risk of barfing, I'll go do the cat litter and finish the linens from yesterday.

Piano practice.  Maybe a romwod.  Probably no workout.

We have a seaplane tour scheduled this afternoon....so I probably shouldn't show up feeling and looking like hammered ####....

friedchickn

Oct-9

Takeout....that's how I feel about takeout too....and I'm dreading the return to it this winter....

Cases are rising everywhere and I've noticed most people are just OVER it....unfortunately....it's not OVER us....

scapermom

Oct-9

Hope the Advil kicked in & you’re feeling better! 

scapermom

Oct-9

I’m not a fan of the outdoor dining thing. Plus now it’s cold at night. Not sure how those heat lamps work. This BBQ place doesn’t even have it. They’re on a major road and though they have a parking lot it would be dangerous to have people seated there if they kept some parking and there is no where to park on the street.

friedchickn

Oct-12

Those heat lamps are pretty righteous....plenty of places have had them up here for while now...for fall and spring.  Not the dead of winter.  They don't help when it's 10 degrees....